Thread: Sitting in Shopping Trolley

Default Sitting in Shopping Trolley

When did you start putting your bubs in the seat of the trolley rather than in the baby capsule thing? Lucas can sit really well and
    I just got my seat cover in the mail so I'm going to take DH with us to the supermarket on the weekend to try it out (That way he can be carried if he doesn't like the seat.)

We started putting Zander in the trolley seat from when he could sit up properly unaided. I still use his Clean Shopper cover now!

Once Riley could sit up by himself (just over 6 months from memory) we use a clean shopper too, its great. Riley absolutely loves being in the trolley seat.

Around the 6 month mark sounds right. Although for a while I did lay him in the seat as opposed to sit him up IYKWIM? He has a trolley monster seat cover which came with a little matching cushion, so I would put that behind his back and have him seating lengthways. That way he was supported by both sides of the trolley seat and was still sitting up. I saw another lady do it that way which gave me the idea - it was great for when he still couldnt quite sit up confidently.

I dont actually know!! I remember thinking she was still too small though, but shane held her and pushed the trolley. I would have waited longer if I had to do the shopping by myself as it just was too wobbly for us.

Yes, it was way too wobbly for us to. I have only just started feeling confrtable with Milo in there now that he can hold on the the bar at the front.

*LOL* at the rice! how cute.

My DD is nearly 11 months and she sits in the trolley with a clean shopper, but I have difficulty putting it in by myself, how do you ladies do it?

I always make sure DH is with me so he can put the shopper thing on and I put her in the trolley.

Hah - wait til you get to do the shopping with 2 under 2!! That is hard work!!

I hear you Fi! How have you done it? I put Tom in the sling and Jack in the trolley. But it's getting much harder now as Tom tries to grab everything. I think I'm going to have find another solution soon but I'm not sure what. There is the odd trolley that two kids can go in, but knowing my luck they will be all in use! And then there's the issue of whether the boys will sit side by side without hurting each other....Maybe the solution is to get DH to shop or babysit while I do it LOL!!

I never used the capsule seat.. I always wore the HAB, I guess I started using the normal trolley seat around 8 months or so? - making sure it was one with a seatbelt! Have never used a cleanshopper thing.. can't be bothered. He doesn't chew on the handles or anything.. if he did, I'd probably use one.

I've been putting Lucas in the carrier at Coles as they never have a capsule trolley, but getting the groceries out if the trolley requires alot of skill (the nice man in front helped last time) plus he's well over 9kg so my shoulders hurt by the end.

Wow, what a big boy! LOL Tom was born in Sep too (but later) and only weighs just on 7 kgs. Of course, he was nearly a month early. I think if the carrier is no longer working for you, try sitting him in the trolley to see how you go.

Fee Guest

We put Cooper in the front seat at 7 months. I thought of doing it earlier but I wanted to buy a trolley seat cover ... in the end I never got around to it!!!