Thread: Sitting Up

*Kristee* Guest

Question Sitting Up

hey girls,

Just wondering how old your little ones were when they started sitting up?
    My DD has just turned 8mnths old today, and has sat up once a 7.1months and hasn't done it since, i am a little worried
    She doesn't seem interested at all but is really interested in crawling. I thought they had to sit up before they crawled.

Anyway
    TIA

Nope, they do it the way they want to Lindsay was sitting for nearly 3 months before he crawled, Erin was crawling before she could sit and Paige did both on the same day LOL. Just like some babies skip the whole crawling thing and go right to walking, sitting is the same.

Matilda crawled for 2 months before she sat up.

DS was sitting 4 weeks before crawling and DD has started sitting before crawling, One of my friends little girl started crawling first and is only now sitting 1.5months after she started crawling. Each baby is different and as Sherie said they will do it the way they want to.

Ellie

The DD of a friend didn't sit until 11 months - but then she stood up the very next day!

DD sat up at 8 months and crawled at just on nine months.

Oh gosh I think Kaitlyn was about 8months..then crawled at around 10months and was walking just on 12months. But they are all so different so I would not be worried at all.

*Kristee* Guest

Thanks girls it is putting my mind at ease a bit.
    She seems to want to get moving not stay in one spot.
    She is up on all fours occasionally, so we think it won't be long until she crawls but i just don't know. As the paed was already worried about her weight i want her to reach all her milestones on cue IYKWIM.

sitting unaided milestone is about 9 months I think - thats what my MCHN told me, and Milo really only did it about 2 weeks before then.