Thread: skin reactions to breastmilk??

Default skin reactions to breastmilk??

Milo seems to be getting pimples and dry, cracked skin on his cheeks (face cheeks ).

I don't know if its eczema, as I've never had it before, but I think it is some form of dermatitis as it seems to get worse after his bath.

At present we just bathe him in water, nothing added to it.

I have noticed that it gets significantly worse when my breastmilk comes into contact with his skin! :shock: Could this be causing it?

given not all the signs fit - the dry cheeks isn't just due to change in weather by any chance. I remember the first winter my DS cheeks dried right out and cracked with the first sign of windy weather and so did my neighbours little girl. Bath's always made it worse cause the baths naturally dry your skin so already dry skin gets worse so I used to pile on the sorbelene to minimise it.

Given you talk about pimples and the effects of breastmilk its probably not it but thought I'd mention it just in case.

you know what?, it might be.

I had been thinking of it as one condition, but it could be two seperate ones, cos thinkging about, the breastnlik causing a rash/pimples has always happened, the red cheeks are only recent (this week).

I'm taking him for a weigh in on Tuesday next week, so assuming it gets no worse I'll wait to see what the mchn has to say.

Its doesn't seemd to be irritating him at all.

Default Could be?

There is only 8 days between Milo and DS and we have the EXACT same problem. Maybe it's the reaction they develop at around this age for some reason????
    He only has breastmilk also.He always had such clear skin. But probably over the last month or so, he seems to get very rough, red and sometimes cracked cheeks (and under his chin when the milk runs down when he brings it up).
    DH and i have been wondering the same thing. It MUST be the breastmilk. i've tried cutting things like eggs out of my diet, but i'm not sure it's made any difference. i think it's the contact, rather than the ingestion of the milk.
    Oh what to do?!?!
    Last edited by Lut; May 16th, 2006 at 04:08 PM.