Thread: skinny baby clothes

Default skinny baby clothes

Yasin is really active and seems to burn up most of his food or put it towards height not width. Today he is wearing a pair of target 00 pants which are too big in the waist but too short in the leg (they look like funky 3/4 pants but they're meant to be full length). I love bonds but the long pants just look silly on him and pumpkin patch only fits when I roll the waistband over. Does anyone know any brands that are a better fit on skinny babies? I don't mind ordering online.
    I geuss its a good thing that summer is nearly here and length isn't such an issue.

Melinda Guest

Jacob is very much the same as Yasin! He seems to be putting all his energy into height, not width as well!! Jacob is also very active (when he's awake he is on the move pretty much constantly LOL).

Jacob also has the problem of having clothes that are too big in the waist. From a length POV, size 0 is too small in bonds, but they fit him perfectly around the waist. Put him in bonds size 1, and they are too big in the waist but pretty right in length, but you wouldn't know it as they keep falling down and make them look like they're too long LOL. I actually had a little pair of target 00 pants on him just the other day as they fitted him in the waist, but were a little short in the legs too.

I don't really know of any 'good' brands that seem to fit the taller, leaner babies either to be honest......I get quite frustrated by it as well!

i was just about to say target too - eliana is 77cms long & just 9kg so ive had the same problem till i found the adjustable waists - Big W have some too - i ended up making her some pants so the bottom of her legs didn't get cold!

Matilda has the same problem... the best pants for her are the Pumpkin patch ones and the target ones with the expanding waist, so atm she's in 1's in height & she has the waists really tight and they fit best. Good luck!

katanya Guest

I have always had a skinny tall child..here are the tips from the Aust prem site:
    use a belt with pants (you can get little belts from kids stores)
    buy waist adjustable pants (like already mentioned)
    buy a size 00 and use as shorts (felix does)
    I found some braces in an ops shop..a bit daggy but possible pants holder upers 9haven't tested yet)
    I buy bonds stretchy t-shirts becausethey are long and leean rather than the majority of baby t-shirts with are for short and fatties..
    Felix has exactly the same proble with the bonds stuff Melinda! If he want a cloth baby then we'd be in huge trouble..

Oh that's my tip..put your baby in cloth heaps make fatter bums..

Glad we aren't the only ones!

I have found Esprit and Baby Gap pretty good for my long skinny baby girl, not sure about their ranges for boys though.

Melinda Guest

Do you know, I was just in Big W the other day and I didn't see any of the adjustable-waist trousers that you guys have mentioned......I will have to go and have another look I think as they sound ideal.