Thread: Sleep

Pam21 Guest

Default Sleep

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can help me at all on this.

My daughter has been sleeping through the night since she was about 10 weeks old (now 6 months) and she still is, but the last three nights she won't go to sleep until about 11pm on the dot rather than about 8-9pm.

Tonight she did have a rash around one eye and on one side of her forehead which went away as she went to sleep. She felt slightly warmer than usual but not that hot. I am thinking maybe she is coming down with something or maybe she is just restless.

She seems really tired at about 9pm rubbing her eyes and stuff, so i start trying to get her to go to sleep (she won't go to sleep if i put her down in her cot), but she won't go to sleep for hours after that. I have tried giving her a warm bath then a bottle but it doesn't seem to help.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Custardtart Guest

Hi Pam,
    You didn't say if she is napping during the day, could that be affecting her night-time sleeps?

Kerrie

Pam21 Guest

She hasn't been napping anymore than usual. She usually sleeps for about 30-50 mins every 2-3 hours during the day, sometimes different, but the last few days havn't been unusual, except today it might have been less than that.

Colleen Guest

Dont quote me but sounds like maybe teething???

There could be alot of reasons, some nights jaykob will go down at 7 while others he will fight it until 11...

Sorry im not much help but I hope it gets better for u

Pam21 Guest

thanks

Could be teething, she has been chewing her fingers alot lately.

I guess nobody will be able to help that much, I think I am just frustrated and wanted to vent a bit to ppl that understand :P

Colleen Guest

thats what we are here for!! hahah

its the worst when they take aggggesssss to settle, it really drains me! Sometimes I just let him go, and let him stay up that bit longer rather than fight it..

Its probably naughty [-X but better than the stress lol

GL

Pam21 Guest

hahaha
    Thats what i have done too, tried to entertain her a bit aswell so that she gets a bit more worn out.

It does sort of sound like it could be teething.... my son used to get BRIGHT red on one side of his face (sometimes looked sort of like a rash) and would be accomanied by a mild fever and general restlessness when teething.

I hope you both get some sleep soon though Pam!

I agree with the others. It could be teething.

Mason had a few nights in a row when he wouldn't settle out of the blue and had a temp. I was considering taking him to the Drs the next morning but he got a tooth during the night then another one the next night as well.

Pam21 Guest

Thanks guys,

I can't feel any teeth coming through but it still may be teething.

Was even later last night, she didn't settle until 1am! Tired little girl today.

I am feeling unwell myself yesterday and today, blocked up and stuff, maybe she is getting sick aswell. I think i might make a trip for both of us to the doctors tommorow, but we will see how she goes tonight.