Thread: Is the sleep before midnight.....

Default Is the sleep before midnight.....

better?

Mum always says 'its the sleep before midnight that counts', implying that this sleep is "better" or more important, and that early bed/early rise is better than the later version.

what do you think?

I will take any sleep at the moment, Why do teeth have to be so much trouble?
    I think it is true as on the odd time that I do go to be early I feel more refreshed.

Hmm never heard that. I think any sleep is great.. for babies or me.
    But I do prefer to wake up earlier as if you wake up late most of the days already gone.

The sleep before midnight thing is based on your brain's need for total darkness in order to recharge fully. The more hours of total darkness sleep you get, the more refreshing it is. So ppl who go to bed earlier get more refreshing sleep. That's scientfic fact.

Those of us who go to bed later, get those sacred late night hours as compensation! I've recently taken to wearing an eye mask so I can have the total darkness and still stay up late (ie have my cake and eat it too).
    :-)

Fee Guest

Hmmm I've never heard that. But I go to bed around 8.30 pm and get woken at 5.00 am by Cooper. I start my day then too.

Yeah my mum said same thing, that the hours before midnight are worth like 2 hours after midnight!

The first 4 hrs of sleep are your deepest, and after that you have more REM sleep I think which is easier to be broken.
    You can't wake Jenna before about midnight/1am, but after then, most noises can wake her. So we can flush the toilet before midnight, but not after

WOW so mums are right! he he well I know we are but OUR mums! ha ha

So we can flush the toilet before midnight, but not after
    heehee, we don't flush it for at least an hour after Milo goes to sleep, and no way after about 1am.

I hear you on the teething too Dani!