Thread: Sleep crawling

Default Sleep crawling

DS is trying so hard to learn to move from commando crawling to proper crawling. So hard, in fact, he feels the need to practice 24/7.

I know is normal and common, but his sleep crawling is starting to really wear since we're now up ten million times a night to turn him over so he can go back to sleep. Its like he gets onto his knees in his sleep and then wakes himself up all disoriented and unable to work out how to turn over so he can sleep! Poor little man. If we leave him, he just gets really upset.

Anyhow know how long this lasts for?!!

My DS did that too... It didnt last too long. Once he mastered crawling, it stopped.... occasionally he will do it if he is overtired now.. (10mo)

Wish I had an answer for you, but I can't help out sorry. I've noticed DS doing the same recently, he sleeps on his tummy, but he must be practising in his sleep too, and ends up, out from underneath the blankets, facing the opposite way we put him down, head right up against the end of the cot, which I think is what wakes him some nights?

Nic

Jack is 11 months and can crawl and walk and he still does this. Drives me bonkers! He is such a restless sleeper.

its really really common at the 8-9ish month mark, I remember there was something about it in the pinky mcky sleeping like a baby book. its a developmental thing where they practice these skills at sleep time, usually overnight

Hamish does this too, he bashes about his cot all night, and i have seen him crawl in his sleep. He is just over 10 months and has been crawling for months now, not sure when it stops. I cant sleep in a room with him, he wakes me up he is so noisy.

StephV Guest

I only heard this yesterday from a friend at work, they're little boy commando crawled all the time, and one day they had his nappy off and then he took off, apparently he didn't like his willy on the ground so propped himself up and crawled! Not sure how scientific this is

LOL that's too funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by StephV View Post
    I only heard this yesterday from a friend at work, they're little boy commando crawled all the time, and one day they had his nappy off and then he took off, apparently he didn't like his willy on the ground so propped himself up and crawled! Not sure how scientific this is
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....classic!!