Thread: Sleep Wrap

Default Sleep Wrap

Has anyone used to 'Safe T Sleep Sleep Wrap'? I got it today and those wedge things don't work for Lily, she can still roll over in her basinette(yes she is still in it lol) and cant get back onto her back yet. It is for a cot, so spose it's time to move her into it *tear* She still has a few inches left in her basinette lol, but she is not fussed by it. Infact she doesnt much like her cot lately when i try her in it. It cost a fair bit, $120. So just wondering if i will be getting my moneys worth?

I haven't used one Tegan but have seen them. Have you used it yet? How did you go?

I have seen those, but never used them. I didn't worry about it with Glenn but with my first, I actually rolled up two single bed sheets and placed them inside a pillow case. This created a gap that Evan fitted inbetween just nicely. At 4 months though, if she can roll over onto her belly I would say that she is likely to just get fustrated with not being able to do it.
    Personally I would just be making sure that her sleeping area is clear of anything that may be a problem and that she is sleeping on a firm flat surface. Really, how long are you going to be able to use it? $120 is fair bit to pay for something she is likely to outgrow pretty fast.

The rason i am so worried is because she puts her face right down into the mattress, so i am scared that she will suffocate. She rolled over once in it(donot ask me how!) But since then it has been a success so, worth the money.

Thats great that it is keeping her from rolling over, it is obviously a concern for you that she mushes her face into the bed. I remember the first time Evan rolled over in his sleep, I freaked out and rolled him back on to his back, only to wake again with him on his belly. Was a hard adjustment to get use to but he seemed to prefer it that way. I figured if he could roll over on his own was reasonably safe. Was much longer after that he could roll back anyway.

With both of my boys, as soon as they could roll over they were sleeping on their front, knees tucked up and bums in the air. I was a bit concerned but there was nothing I could do about it.

Isn't that position so cute. I use to let Glenn sleep on his belly as a new born now and then. Only ever during the day and I would stay in the room with him, It seems to be a natural position for them to sleep in. Glenn is 8 months now and sleeps on his belly.