Thread: Sleeping all night

Default Sleeping all night

What age did your baby sleep all night ?

Alex still wakes every 4hrs and i never had Kimberley sleep all night until she was a year old.

Kameron was exactly 14wks and Lachlan was just under 14wks.

Love

Aidyn started sleeping through at about 8 weeks.
    However it has been on and off every few months, and even now at 13 months he has just slept through for the last 2 nights for the first time in a month!

Olivia slept through from 7pm - 7am intermittently from 8 weeks, but consistently every single night from 4 months.....thank god. I never take it for granted.

I just hope this baby boy who is due soon has the same habits!

Melinda Guest

Jacob slept through consistently from 8w of age, up until he was around 6.5 months when things started to get a little out of whack!!

Once when he was 3 weeks old Yasin slept from 9 pm to 7am!!! We are eagerly awaiting a repeat performance [-o< He's nearly 9 months now and I'm trying to convince him to drop one of his snacks

Jenna started sleeping through about 7-8 weeks old, but only cause we were bringing her into bed when she stirred between 3-5am.
    Right now we can be fairly sure that she will do about 9:30- 4or5am, and we cuddle her in bed until she really wakes up.
    I don't mind the middle of the night feed so much, the ones pushing through to 4-5am were terrible cause there is NOTHING on telly.
    Fi

Matthew was 7 weeks and I still keep waiting for it to stop! I can't believe it myself and appreciate it very much. He sleeps from 7.30pm to 6am.

Sleep through the night?? They are supposed to do that?

Pietta Guest

LOL @ Christie!! poor old Matilda

Ryley started sleeping through the night before DH's birthday so the 4th-5th November and he was almost 7 weeks old.

We are very very lucky with his sleeping

OMG, Seren is still on 2-3 hrly feeds! I can't wait for the day she sleeps through the night! [-o<

I have no idea if this helps anyone at all, but thought I would throw it in here anyway..........

When Olivia was born she was feeding every 2 hurs (off the breast) but an older midwife gave me a hint, and I am not sure if this helped Olivia sleep through the night early or not, but I felt at the time that it was good "practice" for us!

She said, when your baby wakes for a night feed (ie anything bwtween 10pm and 6am) do the feed, but consider it to be a time of feeding ONLY. ie no talking, no lights on, no eye contact, no playing, no fun & games, no TV. Plenty of warmth and cuddles, obviously, but it is a transaction over anything else!

I did this from day dot: fed from one boob, quick nappy change, fed from the other boob, and straight back to bed. All in the dark, no talking, no eyecontact.

DH says I "bored" Olivia into sleeping through the night early because I was so dull about it all!

Apparently it helps babies identify the difference between day and night?

It is boring if you have a baby who feeds for ages, but worth it in the long run?

Lucy I started doing that too when Matilda was around 6 weeks and it worked so well, up until a few weeks ago she would wake up once or twice and all we would do is change her nappy (no talking, no looking) and pop her dummy in with a quick hug & back to bed, not to hear from her again.

I put a lamp on when we get up and try not to talk to Alex. Once he is in his own room it will be better i will not wake so much.
    He had a bad night last night he kept crying ever 2 hours and would not feed much at all and when he did take the bottle he sceamed. At least he went back to sleep with no problems.

Kellee Guest

Charlie did from about 6 1/2 months. Don't get me wrong - we still have our nights from hell - but I would say that 80% of the time he sleeps through from about 7 - 6 am, quick feed then back to bed until 8-8.30 am. Good stuff.

Jack wakes every 1 to 3 hours which is very tiring! He slept through when he was 8 to 16 weeks or so, and then like most bubs, he became wakeful with the 4 month growth spurt. The slightest thing will throw him whether it be a virus, teething, a tummy ache, me moving beside him ( we co-sleep). But as tiring as it is co-sleeping and breastfeeding, I wouldn't change this special time together for anything. O

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - Gabby was almost 1 month old before she started sleeping through consistently. I know that the experts say that 5 hours is sleeping through so, for Gab, it was probably earlier.
    She started off having 4 hour sleeps, then it got longer and longer. For a while she was 8 hours to the dot just about! Now she has 10-11 hour sleeps at night but is awake most of the day.
    They change so frequently and every baby is sooooo different!

ChunkyBoy was 4 months old when he slept through consistantly, we're still waiting for ChubbyBubby to 'get a clue' LOL