Thread: Sleeping in bouncer?

Default Sleeping in bouncer?

Just got a bouncer from my sister and Sebastian is great in it - settles him right down when he is getting fussy in late afternoon/evening. But tonight when I put him in his bassinette, he wouldn't sleep at all, so I put him in the bouncer and he dropped off straight away. How long is too long for him to sleep in it? I figured since it's not completely flat he shouldn't spend too long in it, right? I'm planning on waiting until he's fully asleep then I'll transfer him to his bed...

Ariya has sometimes napped in her bouncer maybe an hour or two but never looks very comfortable and generally wakes herself up, I guess if he's comfy there as long as you need him there :-)

Emelia slept in her rocker most of the time i think as she had a touch of colic it helped her cos she was upright a bit not laying flat.. if i was to transfer her to her cot she would be awake within 5 mins...she looked so uncomfortable but it was the only way we both could get a decent sleep!!

S has certainly had a fair bit of wind, often for his afternoon nap I have propped him up a little and he sleeps a lot better then. Thanks for the reassurance!

yep Nina was the same, whenever she had wind or a tummy pain, in the bouncer she'd go, and would sometimes sleep the whole night in there! I reckon do whatever works.

I've let Claire sleeep in her bouncer when she has bad wind. Helps her get the wind out if she is elevated a bit like that. Last night I also had the same problem where she wouldnt settle anywhere else but the rocker so I let her fall asleep in it then moved her to her cot.