Thread: sleeping issues

Default sleeping issues

I need a little help here.

Nina used to sleep through the night at 6 weeks. Now at almost 10 weeks, she is waking around 4 times a night. One of those times she has a feed, the other times I have no idea why She isn't hungry, she has a clean nappy & she's warm & snug.
    Every night it starts around 3am through to about 4.30am, then she sleeps till about 5.30, this is when the day starts!
    Each night I do the same thing with her at the same time to try & create a routine.
    She's not a very good sleeper during the day also. I've tried rocking her to sleep, putting her in the bouncer, in her cot, in the car & even the pram. She'll sleep for about 10 minutes, then is wide awake again.
    I can see the tired signs straight away and this is when I try to put her down for a nap or for bed, but it doesn't work.

I was initially thinking it may be a growth spurt as she has put on 350g in the past week, but not sure. She did have her needles last Friday and is still sooky from that.

jaffa Guest

Victoria is exactly the same. She was a fantastic sleeper at night - only waking once for a feed - and the past 2 nights she has been waking up about 3 times during the night just 'talking' to herself and it has been very hard to get her back to sleep. She also wakes up at 5.30 to start the day, so I feel your pain!! Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you, I just hope that it is just a phase she is going through and hopefully things go back to normal soon!! If things improve for you, let me know how you did it!

Charlotte was the same, she would go 7 hours betweeen feed during the night and then all of a sudden she wakes 2 times over night and now i can not get her out of this, she will also wake up and talk to herself around 5:30 i just then put her into bed with me and she goes back to sleep until around 8am.

I'm glad others go through it as well! She settled a bit earlier tonight and has had a bigger feed so fingers crossed she's going to be more settled tonight.