Thread: Sleeping nightmares!

Default Sleeping nightmares!

My baby has got used to only being able to sleep when she sleeps on my belly (she's still small enough as she's only just over 6lb!). Now she won't sleep in her cot with ease, and I know that this is my fault! Any tips on helping baby sleep on her own? I bath her every night before bed time to give her routine, but it doesn't seem to work. She just wakes up and cries to be picked up once I settle her down in her cot. Any tips? I feel exhausted!!

Colleen Guest

oh this is a sticky one, I did the same, and Jaykob got very used to me being there while he was asleep.

He still wakes sometimes and I pop him in bed with me but I found that putting a nursing pad in there ( i breastfeed) helped him doze off , just a familiar smell i guess...

Im not sure of your situation but perhaps something that 'smells' like you could help, pop it in the cot with bub....

I hope you get a good nights sleep Good Luck..

Melinda Guest

I wonder if she would sleep in a baby hammock? I know that some of the other BB members have raved about them........

thanks for the tips! I'll try both. The baby hammock especially sounds wonderful!

x

I am a huge fan of the hammocks, but another trick may be easier......

Do you use a sling/pouch/Baby Bjorn carrier at the moment?

Olivia was a titch too (still is) and would often fall into a very deep sleep in the Baby Bjorn (I knew it was a deeeeeeeep sleep as her legs would be all floppy!). Only once she was in this deep sleep did I then transfer her into bed (she slept in a hammock). She would then sleep for HOURS.

We also used the "familiar smell" trick and she was often loosly wrapped in a worn T-shirt of mine, which sounds gross, but worked like a charm!

Good luck.........

WOw thanks for that! Will give it a try! x