Thread: sleeping well?? Normal???

Question sleeping well?? Normal???

Hi all,

I can't believe I am going to say this- but why is DD (9 weeks old) sleeping soo well??

We have recently moved her into her cot as she had been sleeping in a bassinet since birth. Since being in the cot she is sleeping through the night (not waking up for feeds which she usually would at about 1 and 5am). When she does wake up she has a big feed, abit of a play then yep- back to sleep. She doesnt have a temp and is her happy usual self...

I know I should enjoy this quiet time but instead I find am constantly going into her room to make sure she is still alive

Should I be waking her during her day sleeps or let her wake on her own? 'm just not used to her sleeping soo well.

You only need to wake a baby for feeds if it is sickly. If your little one is healthy and happy then just enjoy the peace and quiet.

I still go and check if my babies are alive and they're 4 & 5

Enjoy it whilst it lasts!! all 3 of my babies slept between 10 and 12 hrs a night between the ages of 2 weeks until around 12 - 15 weeks of age. Then they started waking .........until they were much older!

You may be lucky that she will continue to sleep long periods or she may start waking (which is quite normal). I would never wake a healthy sleeping baby. Enjoy the rest.

Sounds lovely Delphmoon!! I say enjoy it!!

Sue xxx

Thanks everyone. I ended up calling the MCHN just for reassurance. I felt soo stupid but couldn't shake the anxiety.

The MCHN asked me if in my gut I felt something was wrong with DD ...I said No...she said to always go on the gut feeling...9 times out of ten the mum 'just knows' if something is wrong she said...very true I think