Thread: Smells bad *TMI*

Default Smells bad *TMI*

For a few weeks now Maggie's poos have just been smelling awful, like sour off milk. They can really make me gag. What could be causing this? The only major change in her diet was changing from wheatbix to porridge for breakfast, which would have thought would have been an improvement (well it is for me). I don't think she is teething either.

Any ideas?

What milk are you using on Maggie's breakfast ?

If you are using cows milk how long have you been using it for and what other dairy does she have??

Cows milk on her breakfast since about 7 months. I do use cows milk in other cooking (polenta, custard, pureed pumpkin etc) Yoghurt, started off with Jalna, but have now moved to Petit Miam baby, been using that for over a month, but not everyday. Sometimes a bit of cheese.

She first smelt this way after Osso Bucco (sp?), it went away for a week and then came back, but I have not fed her Osso Bucco since.

LOL @ Osso Bucco, things like that tend to make me a bit 'smelly' too. Rich foods just seem to bring out the worst in my bum

Well the smell has gone, but not the frequency. It was so good when she was a once a day girl (sometimes 2), now she is 3 or more explosions. It doesn't seem to distress her though. I think she must have got out of balance as Shannon has suggested.