thread: Smelly highchair

BellyBelly Member

May 2004
    Victoria

Smelly highchair

Jack is quite ill at the moment, he has my flu and has been throwing up a bit. He has thrown up for the first & second time in his highchair and I can still smell the sick. It has been pinocleaned many mnay times now. Does anyone know of any magic products that will take the smell away, otherwise I will be taking it to the tip as I can't stand it.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2004
    Adelaide SA

Hi Jo, i'm sorry to hear that your little man is sick, i hope he gets better soon.
    Have you tried bicarbonate of soda diluted in water?
    Thats what i use to get rid of the sicky smell and it works a treat.

*Rachel* Guest

You could also try 'Febreeze' in the pump spray pack or 'Nilodor'(sp) from the supermarket and follow the dilution directions.

Good luck!

Sun Nymph Guest

You could try putting it outside in the sun - if there is any where you live atm.
    cheers

BellyBelly Member

May 2004
    Victoria

Thanks guys!

I will try everything, except the sun *boohoo* no sun lately for us

Let you know how I get on with it!

Sun Nymph Guest

Yeah, I thought I was being a bit optimistic - about the sun!
    Good luck in getting rid of the smell.

BellyBelly Member

May 2004
    Victoria

I tried the bicarb and I think it has worked!! Will have another scrub tomorrow just to be on the safe side \/

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

Glad it seems to have worked Joja.

I wanted to add that I have the same problem as Matthew throws up all the time and I use Tandil washing liquid from Aldi. I just fill the sink and wipe the chair down. It also got rid of the coffee smell my nappy bag got thanks to an over ethunsatic baby at mums group.