Thread: So apparently sleep is VERY over rated!!!

Default So apparently sleep is VERY over rated!!!

So... in the last 2 days, Miss S has had barely any sleep. She's lucky if she sleep longer than 20mins at a time and is awake for at least and hour and a half in between each cat nap. She is so overtired, it's crazy! I've tried laying down with her, wrapping her, unwrapping her, feeding her to sleep, letting her cry for a little bit, put her in the sling, put her in the bouncer, gone for a walk, gone for a drive and STILL I can only get 15 - 20mins out of her. She is SOOO restless she keeps me awake when shes sleeping in our bed.
    I'm exhuasted, mu (.)(.) are KILLING me!!! They are soooooooooooo sore!!!!!! DH has just come out and said shes hungry again!!! :0 I've told him to get a bottle of EBM and feed her cause my (.)(.)'s need a break!
    She's 8 wks so i'm sure it's a growth spurt but OMG I'm going NUTS!

Ah, yeah, hope she settles down for you soon. Maybe just let her stay awake if that's what she wants
    Nice warm bath? How's daddy's singing voice?

Quote Originally Posted by marcellus View Post
    Ah, yeah, hope she settles down for you soon. Maybe just let her stay awake if that's what she wants
    Nice warm bath? How's daddy's singing voice?
    LOL yep - done the bath too, and massage.
    Daddys feeding her now so lets see how it goes. Next step will be some panadol I feel....
    Mummy needs a massage cause her back/neck/shoulders are aching from holding/carrying her for 2 days!

Just sneak away and hide out while daddy's got her....

I'm in the bedroom

oh huni - i really hope she sleeps soon for you. not fun. huge hugs to you and i hope your DH gives you a nice massage and lots of sleep vibes to miss S. xox

is she due for a wonder week? Hope she settles down for you soon, those 20 min sleeps are sooo frustrating!! DD was always a 30-40 minute sleeper and it drove me mad until I just accepted she wasn't going to sleep for any longer!

Sounds like a growth spurt hopefully it will settle down for you in a few days. I remember around 8 weeks my cheeky monkey fed for about 7hrs straight with the odd half hr break here and there it was tough but it only lasted a few days.

She couldn't have reflux could she? This is how my little one started out before displaying all of the other symptoms of silent reflux. NO NAPS!!

Hugs
    Sue xxx

Ah, I see you have my DD#2. Its horrible, isn't it?

DD#2 is 2.5 now and still firmly of the opinion that sleep is overrated. She's a lot better now but as a baby .... argh, the sleep deprivation

ahhhhh i know how you feel! my DD is 12 weeks now but at 8/9 weeks she did exactly the same thing..decided that sleeping was not a priority and wanted food all the time!!! she is good now so it is just a stage i guess...xo

Default So apparently sleep is VERY over rated!!!

Possible Wonder Week!

DS is having one now. Boob, boob, boob! EBM is a lifesaver!