Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the dummy fairy is coming today....

Default So the dummy fairy is coming today....

wish us luck and tear free sleep please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working Iz up because her dummy has a hole and I told her a week or so ago that if it got too big it was going to have to go in the bin, last night I said that is IT!!!, it's going but asked her if she would like to give it to the dummy fairy who might be able to fix it and give it to the baby's who need it much more. She agreed although she might be secretly thinking the fairy will fix it and return it to her!

I've told her because she is so grown up that she can choose a grown up girl toy (talking Dora backpack is her toy of choice) and I might get a little sneaky something from the fairy.

Ugh - not looking forward to nap time right now but it's time!

Good Luck... although if she has agreed to give it to the dummy fairy and is receiving a big girl toy, she may be happy to part with it without issue (or at least not too many )

Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly!
    I just told DS about 6 months ago that I couldn't find him a dummy when he went down for a day sleep one day, and he went to sleep with no fuss and has not asked for one since. Was super easy... I thought he was going to be one of those kids who was totally addicted but he was fantastic about it.
    Here's hoping it's the same for you

good luck darl, she may surprise you and be ok xx

Good luck!
    The bottle fairy came and took DD2's bottle from her last week. So far so good.

Thanks for the positive stories ladies! Whenever I say wow you are so big, lets get ready to go and get your gift and say bye bye to your dummy she just looks at me, contemplating but hasn't cracked it, so far so good. I lie down with her for her day sleeps to get her to go down so that will help today and I think I will buy her a new little fairy dolly to take with her for sleep time.

Good luck Tan - hopefully it will be easier than you expect! We had about a month of asking/ minor meltdowns wanting the dummy but we just gave lots of cuddles and reinforced that she is a big girl now and dummies are for babies... we went away last weekend and since then the D-word has not been mentioned once! And it is really nice to hear her talking all the time and see her sleeping without a dummy in her mouth. Fingers crossed for a tantrum free visit from the dummy fairy for you!

Good luck Tan - you'll be right, and so will your beautiful big girl!!!

Good luck Tan! We did this a few weeks ago and my kids handled it better than I thought they would DS (who's 25mths) had a little trouble for about a week going to bed at night and found it hard to settle, it was taking us up to an hour sometimes a bit more to get him down, but he wouldn't cry or anything, just fluff about for ever! DD is not having ehr day sleeps every day (maybe 3/7days she will sleep), but will sit quietly on the lounge and watch tv for an hour or so, so I'm happy with that, she's 3 1/2 now so big enough not to have one. Night times were no trouble at all surprisingly.
    You can do it and so can Izzy! She will probably surprise you. Good luck, I have everything crossed for a smooth transition!!

Best of luck sweety!! You and Iz can do it!! It is fantastic that you have talked to Izzy about it before hand so it doens't come as a shock and she's expecting it.

Ahh...I remember the dummy fairy. My mum sent the dummy fairy to me and took my dummy away and left a toy in place one night when I was around 3 or 4 . Apparently it worked, cause I never worried about it or asked for it again after that. Hopefully it works for you's too .

I was like you with DD1. Really nervous about how it was going to go. We gave it to the dummy fairy before she went to bed one night and she got a big bag of blocks the next morning that the fairy had left. We had one night of a tantrum just before bed but she was fine all night. The next night she looked at me shrugged her shoulder and said no dummy! So hopefully your DD will take to the no dummy just fine. Good luck!

Best of luck hun! We 'left' DD's on our holiday back in Feb and when we got home she asked for it. I then pretended to call the lady from the holiday house and told her to give the dummy to a special little baby who needed it. Worked a treat and there were no tears/tantrums!

We have liftoff!!

Went to the shops leaving a bag with dummies and a note she wrote on it saying Please give these to the babies hanging on a tree, got her backapck (that thing is gonna drive me NUTS) at the last shop we went to, came home and I parked right up the driveway and went to "check" replacing dummies with a fairy doll. Unphased by the doll - went to bed, minimal tears and it SO helped being able to say - honey you wrote a note and gave the dummies, rather than we took them away, and after 20 mins of mucking around (usual these days anyway but no tears) she fell asleep!

Now just to get through tonight, once she's asleep I know she will be fine because she ditches it anyway, its more the getting to sleep and then the 5am wake up for it! SO far very painless whoooooo!!!

Goodluck! The dummy fairy visited our house last week and DD was sooo excited! It wasn't until the next night that she had a bit of a meltdown about it all Poor girl got so desperate for a dummy that she licked my arm! Hahaha. I lie down with her for sleeps too, and she used to rub my arm whilst she sucked her dummy off to sleep, and she has decided to give that up too!

Just keep being persistent, it will work and they will find a new pattern for getting themselves to sleep. DD is taking a lot longer now to go off so i just ignore and play on the laptop, i am sure this will settle down soon though.

Alex was 4 when he gave his up.
    It wasn't even a dummy anymore, just a stump.
    Once he saw that Sam didn't have a dummy (wasn't prepared to go through it all again so we never gave him one), he decided he didn't need his anymore & threw it in the bin himself.
    We had tried everything & it would always end in tears from him & me.
    Hopefully it will all go well for you

WooHoo!!! Fantastic start!! Tan does J man have a dummy?

How did last night go?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast