Thread: some advice needed

mooshie Guest

Default some advice needed

lani has had some sort of stomach/gastro bug since tuesday afternoon - vomiting only so far. the last vomit was wednesday morning about 8am and she has done little else except cuddle and sleep. since yesterday she has eaten a few crackers and had water and watered down juice and lemonade. today she had toast this am and water and at lunch she had about 1/2 tub of goulburn valley apple/pear puree and nibble on some bread and a few dry crackers and water - so far this has been kept down.

now this is where i need the advise when do i start back on the bottle - she is currently on toddler milk and i do 3 scoops of powder to 140ml of water, i was thinking for her first few bottles i would try 1 scoop of powder to 140ml of water but i don't know whether to give this to ehr today or wait until tommorrow - i really don't want her to throw up again lol - i am not a vomit person and i don't handle it to well - tell me again why i am a mother lmao.

tia

michelle - sorry to hear lani has been sick - poor little girl hope she is over this soon - i would give her one scoop & see how it goes as she may not take the whole bottle - then build up to full strength over the next day or so

Sorry to hear Lani has gastro Michelle.

Alex had it not that long ago and i was told by the hospital to make his formula weaker for a few days then back to what i was doing before.
    So use 2 scoops instead of 3 for a few days until she is much better.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Melinda Guest

Awwww! Poor little Lani!!! Poor sausage!!!

I haven't encountered this kind of thing yet *touch wood*

I hope that she is better soon!!! Lots of love and squishy hugs to Lani from Jacob and I!!! XOX

I hope Lani feels better soon!

mooshie Guest

hi

thx for the replies. fingers crossed she has turned the corner - she has had 2 bottles today both 140ml with 1 scoop and touch wood these have been held down. tonight she even got out of my arms and crawled around and she had a little chat. only thing is the diarahrea (sp?) has started - oh well i can handle that, just can't handle the spews. ewwwwwwwww

now fingers crossed no one else in our house gets it.

ps. melinda - it's not nice - i don't do vomit very well lol.

I'm not a vomit person either unfortunatly Im a sympathtic vomiter?

Hope Lani feels better soon. 4 her.xx

Melinda Guest

How is she today Michelle?

Jacob was really vomity for the first 6m of his life, so I'm kind of used to the vomit, but I guess when it's from gastro, it can be pretty full on (plus the fact that at this age they are having lots of solids which makes the vomit a lot more stinky than when it's just formula!)

The only thing I've experienced with Jacob where he did a full on vomit was a few weeks ago actually, where he did one massive projectile vomit in his cot as soon as I laid him in there for the night.........I had to do a full change of cot sheets/blankets, all his clothing etc - I still don't know what caused it as he hadn't been unwell and was fine during the night etc. I must say I had to hurry to clean it all up too as as soon as he had done it, he wanted to play with it! Ewwww Another reason why I thought he wasn't unwell as such!!! Yuck......

Anyway, I hope the lovely Miss Lani is much better today!

mooshie Guest

hi melinda

lani is a little better today still very very sleepy and clingy she basically is either asleep in her cot of sitting with me cuddled up with her head snuggled in.

she is back on food but you would think she would just eat it and not be bloody picky ](*,) and have also started her on the bottles but so far today we have had around 8 really bad nappies. she is back to smiling and chatting a little and even managed a giggle in the bath tonight.

the vomit isn't nice when it is "real" lol, i have been really pedantic about disinfecting everything as we have quite a big weekend and i really don't want anyone else to get it.

lets hope tommorrow she will attempt to crawl around and be back to her normal self. will be interesting to see what she weighs she needs to go on 7th november as she was only 8kgs at 12mths, i reckon she has lost around 1/2 kilo poor little thing.

Melinda Guest

Awww.....poor little sausage. I hope she is back to her old self over the next few days!