Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sooo... three is worse than two......

You reckon 3 yr old is full of attitude ...it gets worse wait til 4yrs then 8, 9 and 10yrs hooly dooly then the 'time out' room becomes a permanent room that i know and love for ME lol

I have heard this same thing again and again and again. I am NOT looking forward to 3. At all.

Welcome to being a mummy of a "threenager" LOL!

Yeah, why does no one tell us this?! The terrible twos seem like a walk in the park compared to 3! Not looking forward to going through it with DS2 who is much louder and way more stubborn than DS1 .

Here Here!
    Ds was getting so good! I was very impressed.
    Then, about 3 weeks ago it all turned and I have lived in hell a majority of the time since. He only turned 3 yesterday.... so I've got an interesting 12 months ahead of me...

Oh how nice it is to find this thread... I was thinking of writing it myself. Just today I posted this up on my face book mothers group thread.....

Olivia brought me to tears this morning. I know I am hormonal, but seriously that little lady rubs me up the wrong way some times. I have never known anyone to get my goat like her. She just makes me snap and I find I yell at her and she yells at me and its just a yelling match. I keep saying to Adam that I cant believe that I grew up in such a soft talking mellow family and here I am yelling at my own child. I hope its a phase but honestly I can see its her personality, she so strong and stubborn and I am finding that difficult to deal with. Any suggestions. I dont want to be screaming at her every day. Its not a nice feeling!

We had a few issues when she was 2. Shes always been a screamer/squealer. Shes very firey but this is just ridiculous. Its a daily battle with her. Its just reassuring to see that it must be a 3 year old stage. Yep, am I am another who has one going into the 2's so double the fun. I love my dd so much, but its that 10% of the time when shes rude, stubborn, abusive, persistant, comes out with smart comments...etc..... so trying!

I soo dont want to know (and yet I kept reading). DS is already throwing tanties and he's only 13months!

Quote Originally Posted by krysalyss View Post
    Sometimes I feel like screaming "well you are the bumhead!".
    :yeahthat: So glad it's not only me

yep, the 2's definately have NOTHING on the 3's.
    attitude all'round...

Quote Originally Posted by minimatron View Post
    Olivia brought me to tears this morning. I know I am hormonal, but seriously that little lady rubs me up the wrong way some times. I have never known anyone to get my goat like her. She just makes me snap and I find I yell at her and she yells at me and its just a yelling match. I keep saying to Adam that I cant believe that I grew up in such a soft talking mellow family and here I am yelling at my own child. I hope its a phase but honestly I can see its her personality, she so strong and stubborn and I am finding that difficult to deal with. Any suggestions. I dont want to be screaming at her every day. Its not a nice feeling!
    i can really relate to this and i hate yelly at ds but i dont know what to do anymore and he has me almost in tears all the time!!! i think we just may have to ride it out lol is she a gemini??

I thought it was just my 3yo too. The terrible 2s were a walk in the park compared to 3s. He suddenly got an attitude and now asks 'why' whenever I ask him to do something.

About 4-5 weeks ago I was at my wits end. He was having terrible tantrums where he would scream for 15 minutes and I would put him in his room and ignore him completely until he stopped crying. When he was calm I would go in and tell him crying gets him nothing. He would be great for 10 minutes then he would come out and if he didnt get what he wanted another tantrum would start. He had like 30 tantrums each day for about two weeks. I was in tears and I didnt know what to do. I wanted to see a doctor because I thought he must have behavioural issues. However by the end of the two weeks he finally realised that tantrums and crying gets him nothing. He still has tantrums but usually only 1 or 2 a day. Or if Im really lucky, then none. BUT, he is still very difficult to deal with most of the time. Not the sweet little 2 year old anymore

I do worry about him going back to that though. I wish someone told me 3 is worse than 2
    Last edited by Diamond Girl; July 29th, 2010 at 07:13 PM.

young_mamma87- shes an Aries! By the sounds of everyones post I dont think its gunna matter what sign they are. Its horrible! Well it gives me comfort that I dont have an awful mean child!!! Shes just... asserting herself in the best way.. I think! Oh the joys! Good luck, I'm here with you

i thought i had a horrible child and every one would think im a bad mum!!! glad im not alone

One thing I am sick of hearing is "I WANT..." when DS knows he needs to ask "can I please have..".... then when I try and get him to correct himself, or ignore him because he hasn't asked properly the screaming and squealing and incoherent mumbling that coms from him is shocking!

"Hun, can you please do this for Mummy?" "No I don't want to! I won't do it".
    Grr. I was in tears twice on my birthday last week, and at least once every other day aswell, and I have a nearly 15 month old girl who is VERY trying.
    I'm just glad it's not only my child and that he's not ridiculously worse than everyone elses.

Now I love love love my DS but this afternoon he calmly told me he was going to kill me, then cook me and eat me :OMG:
    To put it into perspective he is obsessed with eating meat at the moment as we are vegetarians (and when I say - do you actually want some? he refuses it) so just before that he had been 'fishing', 'cooking' and 'eating' fish. I was pretty angry though. If he didn't also show lots of empathy towards people, animals and toys I would be worried! (Thankfully if he thinks I might be down he is the first to run up for cuddle and tell me its ok). Anyone else get this?

I have been told 2 and 4 are the worst!..............great Ill have a 2yr and 4yr old!!!!!!!

Oh yes 3 is much worse than 2!

11 is pretty bad too

Quote Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
    Oh yes 3 is much worse than 2!

11 is pretty bad too
    great

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast