Thread: sore knees?

Default sore knees?

my DD is crawling around and often gets red knees. i am wondering if it is hurting her or not or if there is anything i can do to padd them. it is too hot to put her in long pants.

Yep, I think if it was hurting (too much) she wouldn't do it.
    Milo used to crawl on the carpet, but when he got to the tiles, he'd get up on his feet, and walk on his hands and feet instead!

He did get the red knees, and I remeber being worried that it was hurting him, but he never cried or anything like that, and he kept crawling..

Im sure its fine..we did however cut off the top of a pair of footy socks and slide them onto Sammy's knees...was my husbands genius idea and while Sammy didnt really seem to notice it made me feel better lol!

Jo

Zander had major issues with his knees from crawling - they were constantly red, rough & on occasions would bleed We bought these little knee pads for him & they were quite good.

We have always had floor boards and tiles and also red knees! . I dont think it bothers them to much :-). Love the footy sock idea JO!

Another thing you can try; other than the fantastic footy sock idea, is to buy two cheap stubby holders, and cut the end off and slip them over the knees.

I have seen somewhere online about a product you can buy that protects there knees whilst crawling... can't remember the name, buy would probably come up in google.

whata good idea Anna** .. wonder if Dh will surrender any of his collection of stubby holders!

I just tried to put callum in long pants and if it was hot we had air. But if we were out id try to get shorts that cover his and we didnt really have any problems. Good luck.

NewmumLou Guest

Yeah Josh has started his army crawling and his belly and toes get red. So i have resorted in putting him in cotton jumpsuits during the day but it isnt so hot here. His toes i leave them bare and he seems to be ok with it.