Thread: Sorry: farting

Default Sorry: farting

My wee William seems to fart alot! lol! Is he just a typical male?
    I was thinking it might be because he is still on the no.2 Avent teets, but every time I try to feed him with a no.3 he can't handle it and it starts pouring out the sides of his mouth.
    What do you guys think? Does it matter that he farts?

Hi Sarah. (that is my name too!)
    I cant offer a lot of advice having never had a little one myself, but I was thinking that all babies seem to be quite gassy!!! I reckon their little digestive systems are still developing and working really hard. Also, isn't gas just the gut bacteria doing it's job by digesting stuff for your body? Does he also burp a lot? Is he uncomfortable because of the gas or does it seem to help ( the old saying, better out than in!)
    Lots of others can probably help a lot more than me.

NewmumLou Guest

I think personally... although embaressing for you, lol, trust me you want a baby that can get his or her wind out.... imagine if it stayed in how painful it would be, i dont think there would be anything wrong. Also about the teets, try it again every time i changed the teets Josh would choke a little then he got use to it after a few times! Goodluck.....

The average person farts 14 times a day (well something like that). I guess most of us do them in our sleep.

Milo is really, reallly loud! He gets a lot of wind, and now that he is older most of it comes out that end.

Sarah my house is fart central

It's a boy thing I'm sure but I hope some mummies of girls will hopefully prove me wrong

It's not just a boy thing... Abbey is a champion farter lol. Always has been, was never really a burper, it always comes out the other end.

My daughter is only a month old, but she farts heaps too. More than DH sometimes i think! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammi-j View Post
    Sarah my house is fart central

It's a boy thing I'm sure but I hope some mummies of girls will hopefully prove me wrong
    ha ha same here. My daughter NEVER farted, maybe the occasional tiny toot.
    DS is a shocker! He farts all day and all night and they're loud and they SMELL OMG he's disgusting. He's been like this since birth. I don't understand how breastmilk alone could make a baby's bum smell so bad - my husband calls him "Grunter".

LOL If I had a dollar for everytime Matilda ran up to me & said "Mummy I farted!!!" well, I should say yelled I would be a rich woman.

Cath78 Guest

Chloe is also a champion farter. So much so that I am sometimes not sure if it is her or my husband!

I have a little trumpet-man here - so much so that DH thinks I'm covering up mine by blaming DS! How can one so little be so loud? Only embarrassing at bible studies/prayer groups (as everyone is really quiet or wanting to listen to the speaker, not DS's bum) when he starts to fart or fill his nappy, luckily everyone has been a mummy so far, it will be fun to see how my non-mummy friends react!

I'd rather he fart with a bit of over-spill into his nappy than burp with some overspill onto my shoulder!