Thread: spewing all the time...is this still okay?

Default spewing all the time...is this still okay?

Hello

DD is still constantly spewing...non stop....all day. We go thru that many tops/spew cloths/ blankets for her to lay on every day.

I say still because i was under the impression that it would have settled down by now? When i mentioned it a few months back to the child health nurse she said it was coz their tummys are immature and it should settle down after a while. But it hasnt! It doesnt seem to bother her too much, so i guess thats a good thing but it cant be nice for her vomiting all the time.

I have tried giving her less milk and food, different times of day, differnt formulas, food before milk & vice versa ( I thought that if she had milk first then solids, that the solids would keep the food down) but it doesnt matter what i do, she brings it up.

She is putting on weight, so its not affecting her health wise i dont think...but surely it should have stopped by now? I am thinking of taking her to the doc's and asking but just wanted to get some opinions first TIA

If its worrying you take her to the doctors they always put your mind at ease.
    I know its not nice all mine have been chuckers
    some days you wanna put a nice outfit on and not have to cover it with a bib or not have spew on your shoulder...it does get better it just seems to take for ever

Hun, many babies grow out of it in the first 6 months, but it not uncommon for them to still spew up to 18 months or so. If there is nothing else concerning then I'd ask about it at the next check up. If there are any other signs or your instinct tells you there's more to it then it would be worth a visit to a GP or child health nurse.

Yep, DS was a spewer until he was regularly walking (13 months). We were so over it, it felt like every surface of our house and all our clothes had been covered by vomit. I too went to the dr saying "are you sure this is normal? We can't take it anymore!!!". But he did grow out of it, mainly. He still chucks very occasionally. I think his little valve that stops things coming up is just taking its own sweet time in fully developing.

Thanks for replying.

I have a Dr appt in the morning for her, just think ill ask! Tho she has had a better day today, not as much chucking but still lots!!
    Hope she gets over it soon!!

One of the babies in my mum's group was a super spewy little girl (severe reflux) and it's only just calmed down the last month - she's almost 11 months old. It's awful but not uncommon - unfortunately!! Hopefully she outgrows it soon x

Both mine did it until 12 months. It does get better as they get older until one day it just stops. As long as she is well in every other regard, it is usually fine.

Yep, our DD was still spewing everywhere at 6 months and or poor washing machine motor had nearly blown.
    She is now a very happy healthy 2 and 1/2 year old. She still seems to vomit easily, most times she gets sick she vomits. I think its a great sign that she is growing and healthy. One day you;ll notice you haven't changed her clothes and bib all day and then you can pop the champagne!
    Good luck

Thanks everyone, makes fell feel better that shes not the only one!! .....and that im not the only one coverd in spew all day!!!

Went to Dr's this morning, he checked her over and just reassured (sp?) me shes fine, and that she would grow out of it!!