Thread: spitting

Default spitting

Ok I know this sounds stupid but Jack has just started blowing raspberries but at the same time is spitting everywhere, I say to him no we dont like spitting (I should state why this bugs me my nephew (sil) was encouraged to do this by IL's and he would spit in a metre ark, so I am trying to prevent this happening when we go visit in 2 weeks) now is there anyway to reason with a 6 1/2 month I know you all think I am nuts now

but seriously can sayingno we dont like spitting work if said over and over on a 6 1/2mth old

I also realise this is part of his speech development but it is quite revolting

I wouldn't be concerned, sounds totally normal, its not like he is deliberately spitting as such it just goes everywhere while blowing rasberries. I'm sure he'll eventually move on to other noises or sounds.

Rach, Jesse does this too. Lately has been doing it every now and then after he's just drunk his bottle or had a drink of water so i get splattered with milk or water! I dont pay too much attention to it as ive learnt with him if he's squeeling and i tell him to stop he just laughs and thinks its funny. I just take his mind off it with something else. Hopefully theyll just grow out of it but its totally normal.

Rach, I really think that you are wasting your time on this. Blowing raspberry's is a perfectly normal part of development.

Oh and there are going to be many more things that Jack will do over the years that are much more revolting than blowing raspberries.

ok what i really wantto know is there any point saying no, i know it is part of his devolment, but i am concerned about IL's encouraging it, and it being worse if that makes sense am i going to come across as stupid if i say we dont like that to jack

Lol, Trish, tell me about it. I love it when Zain blows raspberries - so cute.

Rach id just be say hey we're trying to get him to stop that, when they do it.. theyll get the message.. but like i said when i say no or stop to Jesse he just laughs so i think at their age theres no real point.

Xander is spitting too... he actully lets out a big dribble of spit and then sucks it back up whilst watching it. Totally gross!

Maybe you can distract, but I think it's probably just a phase.

Ella is blowing raspberries all the time too (which we all find amusing). I dont know if she would understand if i said "no" but if i give her a toy she stops.

Oh and i also know she does this a lot when she's bored or very tired. So i guess its like the latest and greatest fun thing to do until she finds something else...

Ann

just so ya all know I thinki it worked cause he goes to do it I dont say anything he looks at me like ummmmm thats right mum you dont lkike that and gives mea smile but doesn't spit he is still making the sound just not the spit part so my question has been answered you can reason with a 6 mth old *WOOO*