Thread: Splinters

Default Splinters

DD 3 1/2 has a deep splinter in the soft pad of her palm(thumb bit). It has no end as it has broken off. There is no way that DH or I can get anywhere next to it. We have put some cream and a bandaid on it to help draw it out. Does anyone know of any kind of cream that I could buy at the chemist which will draw a splinter out? If not I think it will be a trip to the dr with both me and DH holding her down. boohoo

Love

There is a cream and you can buy it at the supermarket too. It's called Magnoplasm and Mum used to use it on us kids for splinters and stuff. It will take a few days to work though.

Thank you thank you thank you, you have been a godsend Sherieb. I will be getting some tommorrow.

Love

I believe sugar mixed with normal bar of soap into a paste placed om sit & then a bandaid over the top does the same, as I believe does honey!?

Good Luck!!!

We used Magnoplasm when Blake crawled around my Mum's decking during Summer without shoes and socks on and got a whole bunch of splinters on the tops of both feet. Poor baby had pink chubby 6mo baby feet with far too many splinters to be able to get out.

We coated them and bandaged them and changed them daily and the splinters were out within a few days.

I can't remember the proper name for it, but black drawing ointment is fantastic for splinters. It stinks & looks a lot like vegemite, but is great stuff.

I bought some magnoplasm today, so we'll see how that works. Rachel your poor bubby getting those splinters in his foot.

Love