Thread: Spots!

Default Spots!

Hi,

Yesterday Louis woke up with what looked like a heat rash all over his body but only on one red cheek. No temp. I took him to the dr who said he didn't know what it was and to keep an eye on it.
    This morning he's woken up with it a lot worse over both cheeks and on the inside of his mouth! It seems to have faded from his body a bit although is on his feet. Still no temp.
    I'm going to book him in today but I hate not getting an answer from the dr.
    I'm also a bit worried as being p/g if it's something nasty I don't want to catch it either - Of course because of that I'm feeling itchy and irritated - hehe.
    Also, he doesn't seem to miserable although the last couple of nights he wouldn't settle until I brought him into bed with us.

Thanks!

Kristie the only thing i could think of is a viral infection. Alex had spots all over him when he had a bad viral infection i took him to the hospital as i thought it could have been something bad.

Kirsty77 Guest

its not an allergic reaction to something hes touched or eaten??

Hmm - he hasn't eaten anything he shouldn't have I'm pretty sure - the only thing is that we took him to the pools on Sunday....he's been before but I suppose it would be pretty easy to catch anything from the pools...
    He's playing really happily this morning so maybe I'll hold off on the dr visit. Also eating normally and even though he has the spots in his mouth he b/f fine this morning....

Kristie what are the spots like that are in his mouth ?

If they are white shots he could have oral thrush it won't stop him eating but they can make him very sick if that is whst it is. You can get stuff for that from the chemist without having to see a Dr.

Michelle - No the spots in his mouth are like little bright red dots. Kind of like pin *****s iykwim? Just on the inside of his lip as far as I can tell....

They sound as if they would be very painful. Hope they all start to clear up soon.

Well, thats the thing - he's happy as today! Playing and laughing - also eating as normal....I just keep a close eye on him but at the moment he seems fine as such....

my nephew had suspected measles not that long ago, turned out not to be, but he had a rash that grew over his cheeks within a day. He didn't have the rash in his mouth which the doctor said is normally present with measles.

Kristie, was the pool heated? Yasin used to get a heat/chlorine rash from heated, chlorinated pools. I think that the combination of chemicals and warm water was just a bit too much for his skin.

It was quite warm in the pool and the room - it's a special health pool. So maybe from that.

They seem to have faded a bit more again today and he slept really well last night -still no temp. He still has the dots in his mouth a little bit though so will keep checking.

Thank you for your replies!! It's so scary sometimes...