Thread: Spots

Default Spots

Well last night I took Lily to the after hours because i thought she had chicken pox. She has 7 mossy bite looking things on her legs. Doctor said it looks like the start of chicken pox but if they dont get worse then its just mossy bites. So anyway fast forward to this morning i notice now that 6 out of the 7 all have really red rashes around the spots. My question is, do chicken pox get red rashes around the spots before they turn into blisters? Or sould it be something else. Because i doubt if they were mossy bites that all of them would have gotten infected this fast.

When Maddy got chicken pox, she had a few little bubbles of water on her torso, that over the course of the day turned into about 30 watery blister bubbles... Cant recall a red mark around them.... Hmmm, not sure!

jaggard Guest

I had this on DS legs. He's got a bit of a heat rash (I think) on his belly but on the back of his legs it looked like little mozzie bites, about 6 of them, but one was a bit bigger. It had me stumped how a mozzie could bite the back of his legs lying down all night! :-k
    This morning there are now 3 bigger type ones, more like patches of excema, so I'm not sure. He is as happy as larry & doesn't have a temp which I'm pretty cetain you'd get with Chicken Pox. My SIL has just gone through Chicken Pox with her two (2yrs and a 5 month old), she said they were both very whingey before they broke out and had temps.
    Do you have the baby Love Book, I think they describe different types of rashes in there. They said not to be too concerned until temp shoots up, they become lethargic, vomit etc.

Maddy was perfectly well. We we on the aeroplane heading across to bali she was 2 yrs old & knew my niece & nephew had just had chicken pox, but I tookl her to toilet at beginning of flight & noticed the first blisters & by the time we landed she had a few on her face, by next morning she was covered, but happy, she ate, drank & slept perfectly well, my Mother in law covered her in an antibacterial powder & anti itch local powder.
    But we kept her in the village for about 5 days & then really early in the mornings we'd take her to beach & let her swim in salty water!
    Maybe take her back to GP.