Thread: Squealing!

Red face Squealing!

I'm sitting here typing listening to my DD squealing!! Very loud and very high pitched! She's in bed, meant to be sleeping of course!! She's not crying or distresed in anyway - she's learnt to squeal and is going to let the whole world know!

My question is - is this just a phase? Or will she continue this for a very long time because unfortunately it is NOT a cute noise!!LOL

It's funny because literally overnight her cry has changed too - like when a boy's voice breaks!! It's not so babyish anymore! Anyway just thought I'd see if there were any other mum's who have kids that LOVE experimenting with their voices - and cries!!

Oooh so cute! I remember Izzy went through a phase like this too - it was embarrassing because she would do it in public and people would turn around to see who was torturing the baby- it was the most ear peircing screech! She doesn't do it so much now but definately moves through phases of noises- she on the "grunt while breastfeeding" one at the moment! Enjoy and it should pass quickly!

Oh yes, the squealing is fun isn't it! It is just a phase, but unfortunately it is one which will come and go for a LONG time (ds is over 2 yrs old and still enjoys the occasional day of squeals.) Other enjoyable (or not) noisy phases are blurting loudly and wetly, roaring, and grinding teeth. Don't worry though, you will learn to tune out to the more annoying ones!

Oh the squealing! Lol! Yes my DD has also discovered this new skill and really feels that we'd all miss out if we weren't listening to it all day every day!! What isn't helping my case atm is the fact her 3 year old sister also loves the high pitched sensation and they egg each other on It is just a phase but I fear mine is going to last that eensy weensy bit longer with a mentor on hand!

YES! My DD is a squealer and she also does noises that sound like a strangled cat. Last week at Mothers Group she stole all the other children's toys then lay in the middle and squealed her head off having a lovely time! Everyone looked quite gobsmacked as she's normally very quiet when she's there. I told everyone she gets it from her dad who has the Loudest Voice In Australia.

Yeh Jesse still squeels every now and then. I honestly dont mind it and think its cute. i know hes only having fun so i let him go.

my 4 yr old son can really squeel, he does it when he is playing and he gets excited, its ear peircing and a little embarrasing when he squeels louder then the girls