Thread: still sleeping between feeds

julesy Guest

Default still sleeping between feeds

I know this may sound totally absurd, but I was wondering if it is still normal for babies around 4 months to still sleep between every feed? Nina is fed 3-4 hourly and sleeps from 6 or 7pm through to 5 or 6am, as well as sleeping (anything from 40 mins to 2 hours) between feeds during the day.

How old are they when they start to sleep less during the day (say, a morning sleep and an arvo sleep??)

Hi Julesy.

Ashton is 3mths old and still sleeps alot between feeds as well as sleeping through the night too. I honestly can't remember with my other 2 boys when they went to two naps in the day.

Love

Milo only went down to 2 sleeps a day at around 8 months I think. I might have been later.

Julsey, DD is exactly the same!! loves her sleep

I am glad to hear the responses there as I was thinking of starting the exact same post julesy!!!!!!
    My little man is sleeping all the way through.... then wakes up about 6:30 has a boob feed then goes back to sleep for half hour or so..... between every feed he is sleeping,,,, I was beginning to wonder if I should be worried.....
    I LOVE my sleep and always have so I am thinking maybe its just in his make up!! he he

DH seems to think also that he is growing at a rapid rate and sleep time is when the body is generating growth ect.

I can only pray that he will stay sleeping this well!!!!

good luck Jules

xxoo

julesy Guest

Thanks guys, you'd think I should not be worried, as it gives me time to myself! I wasn't worried I guess, just curious. I've heard too that babies need their sleep to grow, and Nina has big feet, so I think she is going to be a tall lass!

maggie Guest

ohh guys, i could only wish DS was like this.. he is at the other end of the scale, so i am off to sleep school...

DS is 3.5 months and he still sleeps between feeds - sometimes it might only be a half hour catnap, other times a full three hour snooze.

Fee Guest

Cooper is 6 months old today and still has 3 sleeps. He has one after each feed (bar the second last feed) and then of course it's bed time.

He usually has 5 feeds per day - around 5-6am (depending when he wakes), 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. He has a sleep after the first 3 feeds/play of the day.

Yep please pass your sleepy vibes this way too

Charlotte still sleep's between feeds, she will wake about 8 and the gones back to sleep around9 9:30 for an hour feed play feed and sleep around 11:30-12 for 2-2/12 hours, feed play then back down for an hour or longer feed, play feed and down around 6:30-7pm.

julesy Guest

Fee-

That is exactly what Nina is like. Up at 5 or 6am then has a short nap (usually in the pram when I go for a walk), then a feed at 8 or 9 then a HUGE sleep of about 2 hours. She is still feeding 3 hourly and in bed by 6 or 7. COme the afternoon, she sleeps for short naps which means more entertaining on my part...but I'm not worried about wearing her out, I think that's why she sleeps so well at night...I'm glad that although she sleeps during the day, she still sleeps through the night!!! I am very lucky, I'm just waiting for baby number two to do the complete opposite...what a shock it will be!!!!

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julesy View Post
    I'm glad that although she sleeps during the day, she still sleeps through the night!!!
    Well *they* do say "sleep promotes sleep"!!!