Thread: Still unsettled - 6 days after vaccine

Default Still unsettled - 6 days after vaccine

My son had his 4 month needles on Monday, and he was pretty much normal for 3 days after, but from day 4 he has started to grizzle a lot more, and won't sleep for long at all during the day. Normally, he puts himself to sleep, but I am now sometimes having to rock him sleep.

I am fine with all this if I knew if was just another 'stage' or growth spurt, but I am wondering if anyone elses bubs' had a delayed reaction like my sons due to the needles?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Do you still have the sheets with side effects from injections? I think there is one that can have a fever a few days later, not sure though couldv'e imagined it. I don't know though if they'd have a delayed grizzling/unsettledness though. Like you said I'd think it was another phase.

I think that age is when they get an unsettled spell, like a growth spurt so it's probably that. But reactions can be that delayed. My DS had huge white lumps appear at the injection site a full week after his 12 month vaccinations and also his chickenpox one at 18 months. I also have a friend who's DS had spots come out from head to toe 12 days after the MMR vaccination. The GP said it was a reaction to the vaccine.

Kirsty77 Guest

My guess would be a growth spurt as Jasmine had one at 5 weeks and was so unsettled and would cry everytime I lay her down and I mean she cried all day long! Not like her at all. It went on for a week and now shes back to normal.

If he has a temp and is off his food then it could be the needles. If your worried call the hospital or community health nurse and ask.

Thanks so much for your reply. Wow Melanie, its scary to think about these reactions that they could possibly get!

Well, I am now wondering if it's something else, because tonight, he screamed the house down, and has been arching his back when I lie him down. The last few days, if I have been able to pat him to sleep, it has only been on his side, and tonight, I could only rock him to sleep, but not horizontally.

Would this be something like silent reflux? Done a bit of search and it sounds a little bit like it.