Thread: stomach pain and wind??

Default stomach pain and wind??

Hi all,

Well Shayma is 3wks old now and for the last week or so she has been getting tummy aches.I am breastfeeding and i find she is vomiting after every feed and it is quite chunky and smelly it seems quite acidic.She is also passing ALOT of wind and her poos seem a little too loose.The only way she is comforted is if i rub her tummy or if i lay her on my tummy and rub her back.

So i was just wondering what i can give her to ease stomach pain,i know you cant give panadol till they are a month old

plz any suggestions would be great,it hurts to see her so uncomfortable

thankx

She might be lactose intolorent. I would take her to the doc and see what they say. My sisters kids where doing the same thing!!!

Good luck

I would suggest maybe its something you are eating? Perhaps cut everything intetresting out of your diet for a few days and see if that makes a difference. The triggers for me were:
    Caffiene (a cup of tea would have her spewing for 2-3days)
    Chocolate
    Onions
    Lots of citrus
    Some veges.

Other people find high dairy diets can cause some problems.

Tummy massage is a great way to aleviate the pains. Sitting with them upright can also help a little as they dont have the burny feeling so bad.
    Maybe boost up one end of the cot so its a little higher?

I know what its like - I had a devil baby when I first foudn out about her intolerances to my food eating. It wsa mothers day, she was about 3-4w old, and I ate almost a whole box of choccies, devoured plenty of tea/coffee and ate half a jar of pickled onions. Poor thing screamed for 2-3 days

You could try the brauers colic drops. They are homeopathic and most pharmicies stock them.

thankx girls

I dont drink coffee much and havnt since she was born and i am actually lactose intolorant myself so dont eat much dairy food.will try cutting out chocolate and cheese.

i have given her a tmmy massage with some warm olive oil just now and gave her some boiled aniseed to drink as it is supposed to help with gas and tummy pain.

i have a check up for her on tuesday so if it persists i will get it checked out

Check your attachment is right JIC she is swallowing air with her feed. If she doesn't burp it up it's gotta come out the other end.
    Caleb tends to slurp a lot on his fingers and I think that is how he swallows a bit of air too.
    Baby massage is great for the tummy. Same with nappy off time. It gets things moving so have a cloth nappy or an old towel under her!