Thread: Storybooks for preparing toddler for new baby

Smile Storybooks for preparing toddler for new baby

I have been reading about how important it is to prepare a first child for the arrival of a new baby in the family, and that the earlier you start the better it is.

So, I am looking for some storybooks about mum's having babies, about life with a new brother/sister, etc., that I can begin reading to my DS.

Does anyone have any suggestions of any good ones?

Thanks

We got DD one called "I'm a Big Sister" but there is also the "I'm a Big Brother" version for boys.

There is a great book called Daddy's having a Horse. I think its exactly what you are looking for. I'll have to find out who wrote it.

Ask at your library, we got a couple from there, can't remember the names tho sorry.
    We also took DD to the appts to listen to baby and see the u/s. We got her talking to baby in my tummy and got her to help set up the bassinet, wash babies clothes etc.
    The books were good because it explained how grandma was going to come over and mummy go to hospital and then baby come and live with us that sort of thing.
    So far DD1 has been great with DD2 and I thik all the preperation worked cause she did seem to understand quite well when we brought DD2 home.

We loved "There's a House Inside My Mummy" - it talks about mummy getting bigger, being tired, eating strange things & going to the hospital

Our favorite was "Mummy Mummy What's in your tummy?" which is a pop up book.

Quote Originally Posted by AliBaby View Post
    There is a great book called Daddy's having a Horse. I think its exactly what you are looking for. I'll have to find out who wrote it.

Lisa Shanahan is the Author!