Thread: strange problem with boys...

Default strange problem with boys...

Hey everyone,

Ok, so DS has this strange problem, and I did mention it to the health nurse once and tried not to sound like a weirdo, and maybe all boys have this problem, I don't know ??

Ok, so his penis is like always inside of him IYKWIM?? If you move his hips in a certain way it kinda pops back outside, of you can kind of push the skin around it back and it pops out, but otherwise it looks almost like he doesn't have one...

I don't know if he is just small there (somebody mentioned to me once that he was kind of small there), and when i mentioned it to the MCHN she said when he grows it might change, and its not so common but she has seen it before... but she didn't really answer my questions about it being normal or not

I dont really want to ask again cos i must sound strange talking about DS penis size, but i just want to know if i should take him to a paedatrician or something and that everything is ok down there..

It doesn't hurt or bother him, and when we try to make it pop out to clean him during a bath or nappy change he thinks its funny and giggles a lot.

Anyway, so I thought i would direct the qn to you guys and see what you think??

I just dont' want him to have problems later in life that i should have dealt with earlier!

Yael

Yael, a little boy I know has the same thing. It's apparently because he has a "fat pack" which hides most of his penis, like your DS when his mum puts a bit of pressure on the area it pops out. She has had it checked out by several Drs (he was prem so he saw Drs all the time) and they have said that by the time he was 2 it would have cleared up. If it hadn't though they said to get him checked out again & they might perform a small op to remove some of the fat if she was worried. Her comment was, I don't think I really want to give my son liposuction at 2 years old! So she said she'd just wait & see how it goes...

Thanks guys

Now that you mention it he is a little podgy down there

Now I feel very reassured.. I was to embarressed to ask anylne at mothers club incase they thought i was a wierdo talking about babies penis sizes etc

Yael, I think it's perfectly normal. Some men/boys have what is known as a rosebud penis. It's so tiny to look at when it's not errect, but it kinda "pops" out when errect or the fatty tissue is pushed in (to clean for example)....It doesn't hinder sex life (in the future)....it's just the way they are. Sometimes losing baby fat resolves it, sometimes not. I know someone who has a rosebud penis and has had since birth....has since fathered two healthy kids and has no performance issues or anything....(not going to say who that is tho as I'll get in big trouble *L*).

Very interesting read! i only have one daughter so a baby penis is a completely foreign thing to me. Glad to read this info incase i have a ds one day

Imran's penis does the same thing especially in cold weather LOL.
    I didn't know that penises could go inside when it was cold until Yasin was about 5 months old we went on a bushwalk somewhere near the Great Ocean Road. I changed him afterwards and his penis had vanished so I went racing out to DH and his friend in a total panic blabbering that something was wrong with Yasin - you should have seen thier reaction when they realised that I was having a panic attack over shrinkage ROFL. I knew that they shrank but someone should have warned me that they disappear LOL.

Yep I've freaked out too U know what though... me using my super powers of deduction...hahahahah thinks it could be something to do with circ'd boys As I see nearly all of us have circed boys? Marc tells me its nothing to worry about, and I don't think its a size issue too (MIL assured me that wasn't the case LOL) ... so try not to worry Although I did freak out ALOT LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cai your super powers have failed you this once The little boy I know isn't circumcised. But it could very well be related somehow.

Have not had it with either of my boys, but I know now in case it happens with the 3rd !!

Love

oh phooey!

Back to the drawing board LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

it's a case of every woman is different down below, so every man is different down below. I'm by no means an expert or had an extraordinary amount of lovers, but every one of my ex's was different in that reguard. Some men just have "ROSEBUD" penis'. So called that because they "flower" or grow big when they become errect. I mean looking at the baby photo's of the person I know, there is nothing there except the very tip....he's still the same except when excited etc....

Oh Thank You!!! Dylan has this exact prob (and he is circ'd) but is also pretty chubby down there. I also asked my doc and was given a wierd look but no answer. She just said to "pop" it out in the bath to clean inside...

So good to know other people stress about these thing too!!

Yeah I just pop it out when I see it I figure the older he gets the less it will happen, the weird thing is once it pops out its not little, its just as sarah says he has a bit of chub around there, and combined wih the excess skin (I imagine for erection) it gets pushed in.

*hugs*
    Cailin