Thread: Strawberry birthmark?

getinmybelly!! Guest

Default Strawberry birthmark?

Hey everyone...I'm not sure if this is the right section so feel freee to move my thread.

Lana is developing a strawberry birthmark on the top of her head (near her soft spot). Its maybe 1cm in circumference so far.

I was just wondering if anyone had a child who has had one or has one and can give me any information on it?

ie how big its likely to get, when it should start to disappear?

Thanks in advance
    Meagan

I have 2 strawberry birthmarks on my head. I'm 20 and they are still there,s o i don't think they go away, maybe just fade a bit. I have one at the back of my head on my hair line, which is the smallest, about 1cm diameter. The larger one is on the top of my head(i suppose where my fontanelle used to be) and it's about 2cms in diameter. I have never had a problem with them and coz they're on my head you can't see them unless you spread my hair out and look closely. They were that size when i was born and haven't changed in size. They have only just got a bit lighter in colour.

boredtassiemum Guest

My 7 month old daughter has one a few centimetres above her right nipple. It is about 1cm in diameter, my child health nurse told me it would dissapear by the time she is about two, I have no idea if that's right or not, i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

My daughter developed one above her lip a few weeks after she was born. They docs said it would become more vibrant and larger until she was one, then start to disappear. It grew to about 7mm across and did get very red and slightly raised. When she was two it started to fade. This has been a slow process and it is still noticable today at 5years old. I think it will fade completely over the next two or so years.

Erin had two from birth - one on her left big toe and another above her right nipple. They both got bigger as she got bigger, but had completely dissapeared by the time she was one, which her paed said they would. As will be in her hair, if it doesn't dissappear, then you wont see it anyway and they don't cause any discomfort either.

Kell Guest

Will has had one in the middle of his back (high up) since a few weeks old, about 1cm diameter. i was told it would grow bigger then fade, but it hasnt grown or faded at all yet - so we will wait and see...

eliana had a heart shaped one just above her girl bits - i didnt notice it at first but by the time she left hosp it was getting darker - it continued to get darker till about 3 months & by 6 months it had faded - you can just faintly see it now if you look carefully

Alana has one on the right side of her stomach. It has faded heaps as we were told it would. Infact I had one in the exact same spot when I was little and I have no signs of it anymore.

I had two, one developed into an extreme case haemaggioma (sp?) the size shape and colour of a cricket ball on my forehead. I had it removed at 9 months old as it was drooping down in my line of site. The surgeon did a marvellous job and you can only see the scare when I glare and wrinkly up my forehead. The second was just below my BB and it has faded but can still be seen if you look carefully.

mooshie Guest

lani has one in the crack of her bum lol it is a raised birthmark and it is about the size of a thumb nail, i was told it would eventually go away, it hasn't got any bigger or smaller. she also had the stork marks near her eyebrows which went away quickly

Olivia has one just above her bum crack.....same as me......mine has never faded and hers doesn't look like it will either....about the size of a 10 cent piece?

Olivia also has a port wine stain on her neck.....but she has a lot of red wavy hair to cover it, poor love, otherwise it is quite large and noticable.....

getinmybelly!! Guest

Thanks everyone! I was a little worried by it, but now I'm not concerned.

Just one of those things I guess. She certainly can't feel anything I don't think when I run my hand over it.