Thread: Stressed Bubba???

Default Stressed Bubba???

Hi Girls ,

I am not one to label ...especially children ...however my little bub is a little stressed. I am trying to think how to explain it but she basically just does not like to play without you around and gets quiet frantic sometimes and just needs a little reassurance. Daycare have also mentioned that she is a little stressed sometimes but just needs reassurance and then tends to be ok.

Well not to sure if I have explained that very well .......What I am really trying to find out is if anyone else had children like this and what you do to help build their confidance and reassure them. It is not such an issue now but I just want to make sure I am doing all I can to help her grow into a confident happy child and woman!.

I am sure there are so many children out there like Kaitlyn as they are babies and they do need us at this time in their life...just want to make sure I do all I can to help her feel relaxed and happY!

Ok gotta go as Kaitlyn is destroying my wallet and its contents heheh.

Cass

Cass,

I have noticed Indah on weekends is very clingy at the moment & will start to really get a bit upset if I walk out of the room, I cannot recall it with Maddy at this age, but I am probably just forgetting...

I think it's quite a big milestone having learnt so much in a year & sometimes can be so daunting to little persons...

I know Maddy was quite timid really til she started going to my friends & then starting school & now she is very confident etc...

I know Indah likes to follow us wherever we are now & she isnt yet walking, but maddy was walking at this stage so i guess they all do it in their own time... I'm sure she'll be fine & is just getting used to all the newly learned things & will then become Miss Independence & wont let you do anything for her!!!!

I think there are many different personalities in the world, and wouldn't it be a boring world if we were all the same!
    Perhaps your child might grow up to be a little less independant than others, but that is certainly not the end of the world by any means!
    What it will mean is you will have a child that loves mummy and daddy, and someone who is always happy to have you with them. Imagine that! Having a teenager that doesn't want to get rid of you when they are out!

I think the best thing you can do - for any child - is nuture their personality regardless of what it is. If your baby needs extra cuddles now and in the future, there is nothing wrong with that as long as you have plenty of cuddles togive Which I'm sure you do!

Cass, is this something that has just started or has she always been like this? Is she new to daycare, has anything changed in her life? Just a thought. From memory a friend of mine told me that they can get clingy around the 10-12 month mark - Mackenzie at that age liked you to play with her but I can leave the room to go to the toilet without her crying out.

Thanks girls ....wouldnt you know it today she has been a little happy confident baby just roaming the house in search of fun haha...I think she heard me on BB! .

She has just started daycare and I think that is part of the trouble ..she has always been a little less relaxed then some bubbas but then I am a little less relaxed then some adults hehe. But since daycare she just screams if someone takes her from me. But when Daddy drops her at daycare she is fine and she enjoys daycare!. I just think she wishes I was there with her.

I think I will just keep those reassuring words , cuddles and kisses flowing !.I love her and dont find it an issue at all ...but some people just imply that she is a little demanding ( not in those words ) and get frustrated with her .....which really annoys me as I would rather spent my whole day with her in my arms then not be with her ...or have her upset!. So I guess seeings I am the one doing all the work I should kinda just ignore all the so called well meaning people !. I also think that once she is walking I will be begging for cuddles and wish I could still be carting her around everywhere hehehe.

Anyway ..thanks girls ...just like all of us I am trying to give my little princess the best possible start in life!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by mummy2Kaitlyn
    I think I will just keep those reassuring words , cuddles and kisses flowing !.I love her and dont find it an issue at all ...but some people just imply that she is a little demanding ( not in those words ) and get frustrated with her .....which really annoys me as I would rather spent my whole day with her in my arms then not be with her ...or have her upset!. So I guess seeings I am the one doing all the work I should kinda just ignore all the so called well meaning people !. I also think that once she is walking I will be begging for cuddles and wish I could still be carting her around everywhere hehehe.
    Cass, I think you have answered your own question!

We miss the cuddles now. You have to catch the little ratbag to get them - and when you ask for a kiss, often you are just presented with the cheek. So the days when she wants those wrap-around cuddles is just delightful.
    I miss mine very much - especially the hug-a-bub cuddles - they were the best
    Keep dishing them out and enjoy every moment.

Sounds like Kaitlyn and Jackson would be perfect for each other!! Jackson has always been a kind of I guess up tight bubba. And whilst he loves new people and playing with friends, he constantly seeks me out every few minutes and either just comes up and pats me, or comes to me grizzling for a bit of loving, and then goes off again, and some days I must admit it drives me crazy!!! Whilst I am with you in the opnion that I will give him all the loving he wants, I am still trying to toughen him up a little, by not giving him big cuddles and kisses if he is not genuinely upset about something. Just sort of giving him a little pat, and "you're ok, mummy loves, off you go" becuase I think he should be staring to become a little more confident on his own by now, and because he is at the age where the slightly older kids can push him around a bit, I want him to be able to hold his own a little bit a pull a toy back when it is snatched from him (older cousins!! LOL!!)

I reckon it may be just adjusting to the daycare like you said, just needing that reassurance that you are there and still love her to bits!!

I was at my sisters party on the weekend and one of her 1st time PG friends (who I don't particularly like) remarked when Jackson had yet another toy snatched off him by his cousin, and got upset that "the little one is a sook!" I swear to god if she wasn't my sisters friend I would've slapped her! She will get a real shock when she has her baby and realises that they do actually have their own personalities, you can say you wish they were this and wish they were that all you like, but they are their own little people, and you have to nurture their personalities whether they be loud, quiet, sensitive or boystrous!! Sorry, will get off my soapbox now, just really annoyed me!!