Thread: On the subject of car keys

Default On the subject of car keys

Along with being careful with where your keys are when out, also remember where they are at home.

This afternoon Maggie was playing with at the backdoor and knocked the paver keeping the door open onto her finger. She was screaming and there was blood everywhere and the finger nail was looking a deep purple. I panicked, grabbed the baby bag, purse, mobile etc and went to grab the keys. I could not find them! In my panic I could not remember where I had put them. It took what seemed like forever to find them, whilst trying to calm Maggie whilst she was crying. I found them. They had fallen out of my jeans pocket onto the floor where I had taken them off.

Anyway Maggie is ok, I just have to watch the finger for possible infection. It was a stressful situation made worse but not knowing where my keys were.

I always walk in the door & hang them on the hook....
    But often I had previously lost keys!!!

Glad Maggie is OK...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh no, that's terrible, glad to hear that she's ok though. Gee there's something bad in the air at the moment with all these things going wrong, whatever's causing it pi$$off I say.

Hope you are ok now too Astrid

Might have to get one of those hooks that stick on. I would be waiting years for DH to put a proper hook up for me.

Ooh I lose my keys alll the time!

Glad to hear Maggie is ok though.

ANOTHER thing about car keys - I'm not sure if someone has mentioned it elsewhere or if I just a suspicious sort - I've heard about people who watch women getting children and shopping and stuff into their cars and when bags and things are unattended on seats and they knock them off.

I know I'm a panic merchant about some things and a bit slack about others - but, remember last year that woman who kidnapped the three week old baby from the mum in the shopping center car park. I know when i've finished shopping if I have both kids with me, I'm ususally hot and bothered and one or both are whinning.

Well I don't know if it comes in 3's or possibly more. Maggie grazed her head on Monday falling out the back door, she crushed her finger Thursday playing with the paver/doorstop at the backdoor and now today! Well she was doing her usual stand at the coffee table, reach for everything and throw it on the floor and she must have slipped and fell. She knocker her head on the way down and now has a puffy eye.

Also her damn nappy rash is worse this morning after I treated it the way the doctor told me to. I just can't win :smt022

Astrid... Here's a big hug from us to yourself & Maggie!!!
    That's part of baby on the move syndrome!!!
    Once they get moving you need a zillion, eyes & arms!!!

Dont worry, she is just exploring & as long as she is OK!!

I hope that norty nappy rash goes soon......

I'm glad maggie is okay bug to you both.

I also put my keys on the kitchen side when i get home but DH is the one that can never find anything.

Aww..poor Maggie, hopefully this will be the end of it. Big hugs to you both :hugs:

On the subject of keys, we learn't our lesson the hard way. We lost the set of keys with the remote, looked forever and a day for it,then finally called the dealer for a price for a new remote and key. Drove 200klms to the dealer, who had the car all day because they had no idea on how to programme the remote to the car, then charged us close to $400 for the new key,remote and labour :shock: Our keys get hung up on the key hook thingy now!

Nic