Thread: Suddenly doesnt want Daddy near her! Whats goin on????

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Default Suddenly doesnt want Daddy near her! Whats goin on????

We have a lot going on at the moment, in the middle of moving house, getting married in august, UK family arriving in a few weeks. Just found out we are pregnant. DD has been sick (chicken pox vaccine) and teething with bad teeth!!

She has been really off and we have kind of let things slide as she has been so sick for almost 4 days. She has been pretty much 100% for a few days but her behaviour is still way out of wack from her norm!

She is having big tantrums (im sure her teeth are still playing up a bit) and lots of melt downs. But the biggest and most upseting thing, especially for DP is that DD doesnt want him anywhere near her! If he tried to pick her up, cuddle her, read to her, talk to her, even sit near her or sometimes just in the same room as her and she goes OFF....''get away Daddy, stop it, go away, leave me alone, i only want mummy'' screaming and crying!

We have tried to ignore/explain it away for a few days saying she is still a bit sick.teeth.unsettled whatever, but its just getting worse!! I just dont get it! She is always such a Daddys girl, and has never acted like this to anyone, let alone DP. I just Dont know what to do and i can see its getting to DP.

Any advice/personaly experiences? PLEASE

Hi, I really feel for your DP, so disheartening when your child doesnt want to be near you....I dont have an answer but I know my 2 of my neices were exactly the same - for a few months they didnt want anything to do with males, including daddy, uncles or poppy! The only time they could get cuddles is if they had food lol...but the phase did pass in a couple of months and now they adore all males - to the extent of if they have a choice the male will win hands down everytime now. It is weird but I guess just another one of their phases...

My DS went through a phase like this, down to screaming at Daddy to go away and get mummy. It lasted 6-ish months I think (not 100% of the time during the day, but always at bedtime and during the night). What a relief now that sometimes he yells at me to go away
    It's probably because she's teething & sick and just needs her mummy. Perhaps once things settle down again she'll want to spend mroe time with daddy again. Make sure you talk about it with your DP and see he understands it isn't really about him. She'll be a daddy's girl again soon.

thanks! i dare not tell DP that it could be 6 months! that will kill him. Im hoping it levels out after the move. but its such an effort to even get her to include him in any game. he always does the bath..NO WAY tonight. wouldnt even give him a kiss good night. poor DP, i feel so bad for him,. he is really trying but she is just not having a bar of it! they always had SO much fun!

I know it must be heartbreaking for your DP but from a different perspective I think it is good thing for her to be learning that she can draw a boundary and have it respected, she is allowed to be assertive enough to say no. Your DP is being a great role model in respecting that, it is helping her to learn to trust and like the others said I am sure it will pass.

thanks for putting it a different way Kelebek....never thought of it like that! i think DP will like the sound of that!!