Thread: sultanas....and noses

Default sultanas....and noses

Had a bad mother moment this afternoon.

Gave Darcy some sultanas for afternoon tea and she wandered off with them, a couple of minutes later I could hear, "Mummy! tana!" only to find her with her index finger up her nose......

I asked her and sure enough, yep there was a 'tana up her nose. So I blocked the other side with my finger and got her to blow and the offending sultana popped out (yuck I know).
    I asked her if there were any more and she said no and was perfectly happy to trot off after that.
    But I can't help but worry there are others....and thet they might travel up into her sinuses.
    My prefoessional brain says they will either come out the nose or go down her throat.
    She is having no trouble breathing when I block either nostril and I've had a look with a torch and can't see any obstruction.....

I'm worrying about nothing....right?

LOL Kim thats something I've worried about at home before. But if you've shined a light up there & can't see anything, there's not much more you can do. If you miss it, it would irritate her & she would start sneezing hopefully! My friends little boy had a pea in his sinus for 3 days! But he didn't tell her & she couldn't see it, in the end they went to the hospital and had to have it removed. Good luck!

lol thanks Christy.....I even tried some pepper to get her to sneeze....

Sounds to me like there's nothing more you can do, Kim. I agree with Christy, if there was another one up there surely it'd be irritating to her.
    Sorry, but I'm lol - I put an apple seed up my nose when I was a kid... And I think its only a matter of time for Natty - her finger's always up there

Don't worry I'm laughing too, I'm the same...having been waiting for the day.

Oh my DD has done exactly the same thing, as I was taking her to the GP to get her needles that day I asked her about it and she said that if there was something up there still we would know soon enough because it would start to smell..........ewwwwww gross right! Luckily there was nothing else up there.