Thread: SWEATING

Default SWEATING

HI
    Firstly we live in air con so rooms are pretty nice and cool but my little one (11 weeks old) has just started sweating, but sometines is bad, like just now went and checked on him in his cot and under his head was drenched on the sheet so I moved him? His temp is fine 36.5 but head hot too touch and sweaty any advice?

Jules

I think that some babies are just sweaty little people and its nothing that you really need to worry about. Yasin used to sweat alot - it was kind of gross but the ECHN didn't seem to think that it was abnormal.

Thanks for that and your speedy reply

Jules

Pietta Guest

Hello,
    Ryley used to do the same. He would be very sweaty and theyalso said this was normal.

the little guys bodies are adjusting to so much- so much weird stuff can be normal for them

Milo sweats a lot sometimes and his head gets quite hot, we give extra baths if he's hot, or use damp muslin wraps, but your bub's temp seems OK.

Also keep in mind that all that sweating will probably equate to less wet nappies (maybe they will be less full etc) as moisture is lost as sweat.

Hi Jules,

My son is exactly the same. It has been quite hot where we live recently and I've noticed a number of times that he has had a wet patch on the sheet under his head after he has had a sleep - even with air con/fans on. His head is generally quite warm too. His temp is fine though, he just seems to be a hot little guy!

Dylan's always sweaty too... I think baby boys sweat more than girls! When I get him up, even after a cool night when he's just been wrapped in muslin, his wrap is always drenched. The first time I thought his nappy had leaked, but then I realised it was only wet up near his neck!