Thread: Swimming and ear aches

Default Swimming and ear aches

DD is starting swimming lessons for the first time in a couple of weeks, and I'm a tad worried about ear infections. She has just got over a slight ear infection and both DP and myself suffered from ear aches when we were younger (due to swimming), so I know how horrible it can be. Just wondering if you can get ear plugs for babies or is there any other options?

I haven't enrolled my DS into lessons for the same reason. He's on his 3rd infection this year and that is without swimming. I was at the dr's today and apparently it can be a hereditary thing as the nasal/ear make up can be the same. I'm really not sure about ear plugs but you can always go and not dunk your daughters ears under the water. I suppose even see if she's going to get one in the first place and then consider it after that. Good luck i really want to take my son but i just can't see it happening at the moment.

Oh no I didnt know it can be hereditary! I guess we'll just see how we go

I think it can be from what my dr said. I can't remember suffering from them at all as a child (not to say that i didn't) but my DH got them alot apparently and we're not having a good run with DS so far. I forgot to mention also that the first ear infection he got was about a week after his first splash in a swimming pool. Hence the hesitation with swimming lessons...

Great... I've got my fingers crossed!