Thread: Switching from Cot to a big bed - Silly question!

Default Switching from Cot to a big bed - Silly question!

Am hoping to start tring to put my 2 year old in a big bed soon as she has been asking to go but since she has never used a pillow before do I automatically give her one???

LOL I dont think thats a silly question at all, as its something I wonder about too!

First:
    The only silly question is the one that you dont ask.

Yes you can give her a pillow if you want to. You may find that she does not use it.

Colleen Guest

Thats definitely not a silly question, Jaykob likes to put his head on a pillow when we are laying down and hes pretending to go ni ni's. Sometimes ive had to take it away because he falls asleep on it while hes pretending lol but i think thats a really useful question!

We used the pillow from the moment Matilda was in the big girl bed. Just to have something that she would associate with it. She didn't always use it at first but now when she sees her pillow she lays down on it.

Thanks for all that info. Can't wait to go out and but her some new sheets and a pillow and try her out. Aaww my little girl is growing up. :smt022

Pietta Guest

I know exactly how you feel!!

I am not looking forward to the big bed either coz it means he isnt a baby anymore

Can i just ask... at what age can you start using a pillow? The reason I ask is we were recently given a cot sheet set and it came with a cot pillow. I know it's a nono for little babies.. but at what age CAN you use it?