Thread: Taking a 9 week old on a plane

Default Taking a 9 week old on a plane

I'll be taking Dylan to Melbourne for Christmas when he'll be 9 weeks ols. It's only a short flight, but has anyone got any ideas how to keep him happy? I've been told to feed him on take-off and landing but is this possible when we're strapped in or should I take a bottle? I've also been tols rubbing their ears helps... I'd love to hear others' experiences...

It wouldnt be impossible to feed him. they have baby seat belts that are attached the your seatbelt and it can twist easy to BF him.

I went to QLD when Will was 16 weeks and I fed him (BF) him taking off and landing and he was fine, they buckle you in the attach the seat belt to yours and you can easily BF.

Same with Maddy we went from Melb to Bali when she was roughly that age & no probs!!!
    They strap them on to you, so easy to bottle or breast feed at any time!!!
    I agree Shannon they tend to sleep better!?

We took Al on a trip to south France when he was 8 weeks. Sounds far but its only a 2 hour flight from here. And in an attempt to feed him on take off I started when the plane started moving but the little blighter was already fast asleep before we got to the runway! Then slept the whole way there. And most of the way back. So your bub will sleep too.