Thread: taking forever to crawl!!

Default taking forever to crawl!!

My DD is 5ish months old and has been really trying to crawl for the past month. previously she has been able to push her body from one spot to another about 1 metre away in 3 or 4 seperate movements. now she is lifting up her back half then lifting up her front half and is at times (and more frequently) lifting up her middle for only a few short seconds. the problem is she has been and still is so frustrated that she whinges, squeels and moans almost constantly when she is on the floor!! how long do you think it will be before she masters this. i have heard that babies normaly crawl from about 8 months or so so does that mean i am gonna have to wait another 4 months before she gets the hang of it?

She'll get there when she's ready, just give her time. It doesn't sound like it'll be too long either if she's doing all that And once she gets the hang of it there'll be no stopping her!

Kynan didn't crawl until he was 10-10.5 months LOL.

My 10 month old is only now starting to get the crawling thing sorte... but still not acutally crawling... more like flopping forwards LOL

I think Milo was about 8 or 9 months when he crawled. He would get up on all fours and rock backwards and forwards without taking off, for about a month or so first.

Matilda did the commando crawling from 4 1/2 months, where she would pull herself around and drag her body using only her arms. At 5 months she started rocking more and trying to get up but it wasn't until 6 months that she actually got up on all 4's and crawled properly. So you may have an early crawler there!

I agree with the others you have an early crawler not a late one LOL! Be patient She'll get there. Paris was 11 mths when she finally crawled, Seth was only 6 months!

They are all different and there is no set rule

*hugs*
    Cailin

Alex didn't learn to crawl until he was 9 months old and then he started to walked around the furniture.

I wouldn't worry to much that she isn't crawling yet they all do things in their own time.

Mackenzie never crawled and walked 2 weeks after her first birhthday!

I know i walked before i crawled... that was at 9 months old.. every baby is different unfortunately.. but she'll get there