Thread: tandem prams

Default tandem prams

Just wondering if anyone can reccommend a good pram for a newborn and a young toddler. I don't like the toddler seats because the toddler can't lay back at all and go to sleep in them, so preferably a tandem, don't like the incovenience of a side by side.

Was looking @ the Phil & Ted's on internet, but can't find any pics of how the newborn is positioned, ie does seat clip onto the front or back, does anyone have one? and are they are great as they are supposed to be?

I want something a lil' groovy looking too - Picky I know!!

Min, I have heard great things about the Phil and Ted.

We ended up going with a Swallow Lite Tandem.....it was as cheap as chips, and does the job. Olivia wasn't walking when Charlie was born, so it was a godsend for me!

It is light, but quite long, so I am finding it hard now to haul it in the back of the car at 7 months pg. (but we don't need to use it that often anymore as Olivia is great at holding on to the side of the single stroller that we now use more often.)

Min - We are going the Phil and Ted's too - from what I can gather when there is a close age gap and the older bub still may have a sleep in the pram it is the best option as opposed to toddler seats, as you say. I can't quite remember which position older bub goes in when baby is newborn. Baby lies down flat though in the main bit. Older bub is either on top or underneath of course but I have baby brain and have been trying to remember myself

thanks guys, got your PM Kate, I think this is the front runner! As I said to Kate, am not even PG yet, but just planning ahead and can use for Jackson in the meantime anyway because his pram is a bit rickety from all the walking I have been doing

hi all..sorry to hijack your thread, but this is exactly the info i needed too!!
    i've been looking at the p&t's but am worried since owen will only be 15mths when b2 is born(due 5 mar 07)so thought i should get a side by side so they can both lay flat..does anyone have a mountain buggy double??this is the other contender i'm interested in..
    sorry again!!

Fire Fly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by min
    Just wondering if anyone can reccommend a good pram for a newborn and a young toddler. I don't like the toddler seats because the toddler can't lay back at all and go to sleep in them, so preferably a tandem, don't like the incovenience of a side by side.

Was looking @ the Phil & Ted's on internet, but can't find any pics of how the newborn is positioned, ie does seat clip onto the front or back, does anyone have one? and are they are great as they are supposed to be?
    Ok, we have a phil & ted and i love it!!!!. My kids are now 3 1/2 and 7 1/2 months and they both fit in it comfortably.
    The Newborn goes on the normal part of the pram and your toddler has a seat which clips over the front. This will do upto 15kg then you have to put is under neath, but by that stage bub should be about 4 mths (thats how old ds was) to slightly incline. The bottom seat (which was ontop) carrys upto 25kg. Theres plenty of leg room for both. Its easy to fold and store in car, it comes with a rain shield that covers the newborn. They come in red (thats what i have) blue or black.

Check out there web site. Its.... Im sure if you google it it will come up.

There only available at Babies Galore stores to which i dont think is common knowledge.
    Be warned though, once you own one you become an attraction. Be prepared for mums stopping you all the time and asking you questions about it, lol.
    Last edited by Lucy; August 6th, 2006 at 08:26 PM.

yeah, I have seen it at a few too. Baby bunting is another one

Fire Fly Guest

Must be a NSW thing. Typical. Im still trying to find the web site but dont seem to be able to find it. I know its advertised in alot of baby mags.