Thread: Tap Safety Protectors?

Angry Tap Safety Protectors?

Now Jesse is sitting up in the bath he has noticed our nice and shiney silver taps. My problem is our bath taps dont do up tight like normal taps, they just turn off.. so there is no way in ensuring he couldnt possibly turn them on other than keeping an eye on him 100% of the time. This i do of course and would never leave him in the bath by himself but i just want that extra bit of safety as its something that could take 2 seconds to happen before i could prevent it.

Im just wondering does anyone know if there is such a safety device you can put on taps to stop little ones turning them on? Ive seen the ones you can put over the tap where the water comes out but not the handles. Our hot water is really hot as it is, i would hate for him to scold himself someday due to these stupid taps. If we werent renting i would have ripped they out a long time ago.

TIA!

Yep there are tap protectors. They are called Tap Cap's RRP about $17-$20.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Ooh.. we have these taps... but DS showers with daddy most times instead of having a bath, so not really an issue atm.

On a side note.. is there anything that can go over electrical plugs? It's all very well putting the plastic plug thingys in when it's not being used.. but I'm constantly trying to keep Tallon away from things that are plugged in. He pulls the plugs out, switches them on and off. Is there anything to lock a plug into the socket? (did that make sense??)

Thanks Cailin.
    Just had a search for that but it seems those ones you need to remove the tap handles and springs etc from the wall.. and i wouldnt have a clue when it comes to that sorta thing and being we're renting, dont think we'd be able to do that.

Im surprised theres nothing else on the market. Maybe i need to invent it!

How bizarre... I was under the impression they just slipped over the top...

Here is another option I found on the "our house" website:

You can buy bath tap caps which make it difficult for little hands to turn on the hot water. Alternatively, cut a hole in a plastic soft drink bottle and secure it over the tap. It will make the tap less accessible and also make a noise if the child tries to pull it off.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yeh thats what i though, then i found a site that told you how to assemble it.

But now theres an idea! I might have to give that one a go. Thanks Cailin!

Liz - i had that exact problem, DS would 1/2 pull out something from the socket and try to touch the pins that were still in the socket - a great way to electrocute himself.

We got these like plastic bubbles and sit over them, with a hole for the cord to come out of.. They are great, only problem is you can't have a double adapter or anything in the socket - just 2 plugs.

Our were made by a company called Micky HaHa (they have a website - all one word with .com.au afterwards), they were $11 each, but worth it, or my brother says they have them at bunnings (not sure if same brand), for like 1/2 the price.

HTH!

Oh awesome Yael! THankyou!

Sorry for hijacking the thread