Thread: teeth grinding

Default teeth grinding

Milo has 7 teeth, and his new favourite pastime is to grind them.
    I know its not good for him, and its driving me crazy, but I don't know if theres anything I can do about it.

Melinda Guest

Oooh BTDT! LOL It's a shocker isn't it!!! Jacob went through a stage of doing that too and I think it was simply one of those things he did just because he'd discovered that he could IYKWIM?

We found that the best thing to do was to ignore it, as the more attention we paid to it, the more he did it! It's pretty hard to ignore though....it's on the same scale as running your fingernails down a blackboard in my book ROFL! *shudder*

Lily does this too and is sounds so horrible! We've just found ignoring it makes her less likely to do it. She doesn't do it as often now, thankgod.

Kynan used to do it a lot too and still does it occasionally. It's awful!! We ignore it too, although sometimes that means I have to walk out of the room LOL.

OMG Tehya is doing it too, with her front teeth. I HATE it, definately up there with the fingernails and blackboard. I try to ignore it but it's killing me.

it gets better girls! They get sick of doing it as it's no longer a new skill to them and they move onto something else to annoy you (like tantrums LOL). Kat did it too once she had upper and lower teeth. She doesn't do it at all now because it's not facinating for her anymore *L*. I expect Jess to start doing it in a few months. Mind you give me grinding teeth compared to the MEGA tantrum stage!!!!! Ignore it and it will largely go away (same as nose picking. They do it cause they can).