Thread: Teething at 3 months?

mum2billyjoseph Guest

Default Teething at 3 months?

My Ds is 3 months and 5 days, and the past few nights he has been extra hard to get to bed and quiet unsettled at times... hes just found his hands and always has them in his mouth and dribbling alot now.. i checked his gums and he seems to have a bumpy thing on his gum, just one where the K-9 sits... Could it be his teeth? I thought the front 2 are the ones to come out first? :-k

dont know if this will help but here goes
    when baby reaches three months it is absoluly normal for him to suck his fingers and hands,in doing this it produces saliva,hence the dribbling.yes the first teeth to come through are the front ones.also babys go through a lot of changes at 3 m,onths and all of a sudden they become unsettled and there routines take a big turn around,it is a typical age for a big growth spurt.there is however a very MINOR chance that he could be teething,the signs are red cheeks,nappy rash from acidic poo,pulling at ears,lots of painful cries,and excessive dribble.
    ask your mchc about it and ask them to take a look,you could also check with your gp
    nikki

Sammy started doing this at 3 months as well but it did ease off after a while and he finally had his teeth come through at 61/2 months.

Jo

Indah got her two bottom front teeth around 3.5-4 months, she never got the red cheeks, but her urine is so smelly & acidic, but no nappy rash, or pulling at ears etc, just grizzly & unsettled & chewing on everything, then 2 teeth appeared!

Ghada Guest

Hi,

We are going through the exact phase at the moment. DS has discovered his hands and wants to continually suck/bite them - he is also producing lots of saliva, but i know that at around 3 months of age, bubs salivary glands become more active - so this is quite normal.

So, really, you never know. My 1st son did the same thing at the same time and his 1st tooth cut through at exactly 5months, my daughter also went through the same phase and cut her 1st tooth at 4.5months.

Hopefully bub settles for you - and if it is teething that he is going through - you will find out for sure soon

mooshie Guest

my ds cut his first 2 teeth (bottom) at the age of 12wks, and he didn't display any symptoms. at first i thought he had some milk on his gums till i went to wipe it, i discovered the teeth. :shock:

my doctor told me T was teething at 3 months but that he wasnt actually getting teeth they just begin to move around for a while
    someone told be to give him a BIG ( like way too big to choke on) cold carrot out of the fridge for him to chomp on ... and he loved it i think he spent the next few weeks with one hanging from his mouth