Thread: Teething at 3 Months?

Default Teething at 3 Months?

Just looking for some input..

My 3 month old has started constantly putting his hands/bibs/rattles and anything else he can get his hands on in his mouth! I know its not because he's hungry because he'll also do it directly after a feed. He has also been dribbling alot and blowing bubbles lol.

Is it possible that he is teething already?

Hey!

It could be possible that he is an early teether but it's also just how babies explore their world. EVERYTHING they can get their hands on goes into their mouth!!

Sue x

My little man was exactly the same. I thought for sure teeth were around the corner.

He's now 8 months and we've only just got our first teeth! i feel like I've been waiting for ages.

Hi sounds like your DS is just experimenting. At that age (more often than not) they put everything in their mouths, my son is the same. Although it could be teeth, can you feel anything in his mouth?

DD has been teething since 3months, she's nearly 8months and I can only just see teeth coming through. Be prepared for the long haul!

HI our DD is also 3 months old and i have just noticed her also putting her hands and fists into her mouth think they are mainly starting to explore this age and as said above everything goes to the mouth. But i do know of some babies that have cut teeth at 4 mths so anything is possible.

Hi.... both of my bubs got their 2 bottom teeth at 4 months!!! My little girl is cutting 6 at the moment!! ALL at once ......

Good luck xox

thanks for the responses guys!

I haven't checked to see if I could feel any teeth, hopefully he isn't an early starter! One issue at at time buddy!

Default Teething at 3 Months?

Both mine got their first teeth at 3 months, so definitely possible

Its def possible. my DD was a cross cutter and had 3 teeth by 4 months

It is possible, but unlikely

My CYH nurse told me that babies start to produce saliva around this time (12 weeks) and most people mistake it for the onset of teething

Having said that my DS was born with a tooth, so yes, it can happen VERY early!! Mind you he didn't get his 2nd one until he was about 7 or 8 months I think

Definately possible, My DD started at 2mths and cut her 1st 2 teeth at 3 mths. But we could see them through her gum comming up. (bottom 2) and now has 4 up top trying to come down but they've been giving her curry for about 3 mths now and still look quite high in the gum, so yeah, be prepaired for it possibly taking a long time. Poor little man... Isn't it hard watching them go through so much pain! (also, incase you would like to know, those little natural teething tablets work wonderfully for Daytona when nothing else helped)

DD had 2 teeth by 3.5months but she was the exception rather than the norm at mothers group. I've been thinking DS has been teething since 3months, but he's now 5months and absolutely no sign of teeth!

Wow seems like is not impossible then.

MummyNaomi - I had no idea about the saliva thing, that's very interesting. Could be a possibility for DS.