thread: Teething poos or a problem?

Mar 2008
    Nth West Melbourne

Teething poos or a problem?

DS is breaking his top front teeth and its really taking forever. The drool is insane.

His poos have been really runny for at least the last week, and today he has pooed three times (I need to go change him right now!). His poor little bum is a bit sore!

I know that when teething, poos get a bit gross- but for this long? Does this sound like normal teething poo, or is there an issue? He is still eating fine and seems perfectly happy (yay for the amber teething necklace!).

He also has a runny nose, but that could be another teething thing, right?

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

it could be teething.. could be a slight virus. As long as his poos are still a little formed and not waterish i wouldnt worry too much.

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

sounds like teething to me, those top front teeth can take a long time to come through

Mar 2008
    Nth West Melbourne

They are pretty watery, although occasionally he will throw in a hard one.

Oh my, I used to talk to my friends about boys and clothes....now its about poo...

Dec 2007
    Victoria

lol oh the joy of a good poo convo!

Sounds like teething - charlottes are gross most of the time when teething. Her front 2 were the worst though dont know why.
    Mind you the molar poo isnt nice either lol
    Just keep using your bum cream and keep his fluids up, Im sure he will get those teeth out soon
    !

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

definatly sounds like my older 2 when they were teething...
    Jack is teething now too...and the past 3/4 days has had shocking poos....all better now BUT no damn teeth yet!!!! they are just sitting there!!!

Aug 2006
    Perth WA

DH and I had to refrain from poo convos at dinner LOL... Gawd knows what we talked about before DD
    Runny poos very normal for teething mate. My DD was (still is) the other way though, she gets really constipated when teething. Brown sugar in the milk works wonders for constipation. Not sure there is much you can do about runny ones, sorry! I got my fair share of those nappies when I was breast feeding her.

Oct 2007
    S/West Sydney

My DD is cutting 4 teeth ATM... (will make a total of 10 once there through and she is 10 months) we have all the teething signs without the discomfort. The amber necklace is working well... We had 1 incident with her screaming until i worked out her necklace had come off in bed... Now i check every morning... LOL...

She has been having runny poos, rosy cheeks, and the pulling ears. Also a touch of nappy rash. GP said it was most likely from teething.

Dec 2008

If you're worried take him to the dr. There are alot of reasons poo can be runny for that long, raning from teething to virus and even worse Giadia (sp?) which my nephew had at that age. Probably best to find out what the problem is.

Dec 2007
    Victoria

if the poo gets really runny, a teaspoon of strawberry juice if she can have it should help make them more solid.