Thread: Teething - routine up the creek!!

Red face Teething - routine up the creek!!

Okeedokee - so my DD's are like chalk and cheese

When DD#1 was teething, we'd have maybe one day of unsettled behaviour but nothing that panadol and/or "gum paint" couldn't fix..................

DD#2?? She cut her first tooth just before Christmas and it feels like it has thrown her so far off course I don't know if I'll ever get my non-stress day time sleeper back!!

She was never one to take the dummy and we stopped wrapping her months ago....this is how desperate its become as now I wrap her in a cot sheet and put a dummy in and this seems to be the only way she will sleep now! I am persisting with the self settling for as long as I can stand but of recent days, dummy and wrapping are all that have conquered....

I thought teething might disrupt life temporarily but its been a couple of weeks now..............is this how it's going to be???????

Anyone else have their life turned upside down because of those itsy-weeny pearly whites????

Nobody?!?!?!?

Me me me me me It has been all over the shop for over 3 weeks now. And the first tooth popped through just after New Year We are getting a little better but the second tooth is trying to break through the skin so we are back to a grumpy, unsettled little man who doesn't like the cot and is giving me the opportunity to catch up on night time TV. You aren't alone. I just hope he (and your DD) settles again soon. Oh yeah - I forgot ........ there are more teeth to come aren't there

More teeth?!?! .... LOL!!! Ok, so will be thinking of you too as you channel surf into late hours! Was certainly not ready for this as I naively thought that she'd teethe as her sister did, with ease and minimal fuss......................

Here's hoping for a breather between teeth!

Well - last night I thanked the TV gods for the Nigella special on Foxtel Food We slept for, maybe, 3 hours in total overnight. Oh yay!!!! NOT!!!!! He may have slept a longer than that but wouldn't go back in the cot and kept waking each time I tried to lie him down. But this afternoon we have had a 3 hour nap (in 2 parts) so Mummy is feeling soooooo much better and the little person is happily rolling around the floor chewing on toys rather than wanting to be my velcro baby. All is good ........... for the moment LOL!!

omg...not looking forward to teething after reading posts like this!! ahhhhhh!!! Please please please let DD teeth magically while sleeping
    Hope your bubs feel better soon and you all get much needed sleep.

Mez, it is possible but don't hold your breath. Darcy had one tooth I noticed coming for all the above reasons, but a fortnight later she had 11 - yep 11 in a fortnight - and we never even noticed (great parents huh?).

Sorry to hijack girls.

Yep *sigh*
    DD was great - she got her first tooth at 9 mths and the rest popped out really quickly with a minimum of drama. By the time she was DS's age she had heaps of teeth. Not quite as quick as Kim's dd (wow!) but it was really only about 6 weeks or so and all but molars were through.

DS has been shocking. He got his first one at 6 months and now at 15 months he only has EIGHT!!! We are NOWHERE near finished!! And every single one sucks! They take forever to come through and involve at least a week of being up all night and cranky as hell all day. And we're not even onto molars yet!!

Whatever luck I had with my DD I am paying for it now let me tell you

Hearing you Flea! Hearing you!! Seriously!! What is with the first bubby lulling us into that false sense of security?!?!?

Ahhhh ...... I am just blessed with torture from the outset Does that mean I have paid penance and all will be good with the next one?????

My DS was an "easy" teether. My DD, on the other hand, suffered through the whole process (usually a couple of weeks per tooth). Even now, when she's 6 and getting adult teeth, she runs a fever, catches a cold and develops a rash around her mouth when a new tooth pops through. for you... I hope it all settles down soon.