Thread: Teething and sickness?

Default Teething and sickness?

I've heard a few other mums say that their LO gets sick more often when they are teething, and in particular when eye teeth are coming - and I was just wondering if anyone else out there has found this to be true?

My DS (almost 18 months) has been so healthy for most of his life - he had one cold before he turned one, and then a couple of sniffles here and there and that was it. However, in the past couple of months it has just been sickness after sickness - he has had two ear infections, a chest infection bordering on pneumonia, gastro and croup. And while all these sicknesses have been happening, DS has also had two eye teeth come through. Considering how healthy he has been previously, and nothing has changed (he still breastfeeds A LOT, no changes in diet, hasn't started daycare, etc), it seems like quite coincidence that he's getting sick so much now when his eye teeth are coming.

Has anyone else found this with their LOs?

I think DD is getting her eye teeth atm too (as well as some more down the bottom poor thing!) and she came down with croup. She has been sick before but mainly just cold/runny nose so I think is some basis to the theory!

Thanks for your reply .

Anyone else out there???

I've never heard of that. DS had a big run of illnesses when his first molars came through, but he was in daycare so that explains that.